• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Order of panel replacement?

Flint

Local time
9:23 AM
Reaction score
Got my 69 RR home and gutted the interior and done some paint and old bondo removal to evaluate needed rust repair. Will need lower quarter panels, extensions, outer wheel house, and trunk floor is bad up to where it starts the axle hump.

Is there a preferred order of replacement? Such as trunk floor first and welded back to frame rails then strip one quarter panel and extension/outer wheel house. Repair that side with new panels and then do the other side.

Thanks

As stated before make sure to take lots of measurements and pictures before cutting away panels and support where needed.

HPIM0351.JPG

Thanks. Read thru all the pages. Looks like it’s pretty forgiving as long as you don’t trap yourself.

I worked from one side to the other. My fraternal was solid so I never braced anything in the back.

I pulled the tailpanel and trunk floor first. Then driver side quarter, wheel housing and extension. Once that was set and welded, then the trunk pan. I moved to the pass. side for quarter, extension wheel housing. Kind of flowed from one side to the other.

My trunk floor and rear cross member is installed, moving to outer wheel house and quarter panels

Auto Transport Service
Back