• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original 1968 GTX

"I think these inside trunk photos are not good?Ideas or opinions welcomed?"

Yes, I would pass, I would expect a bit of surface rust in those spots but that is further along than I would like. Even in a climate controlled storage I'd be worried about it progressing. When you pull the vinyl roof to install the correct one and pull the rear window to reseal it, it's all going to snowball.

"I think these inside trunk photos are not good?Ideas or opinions welcomed?"

Yes, I would pass, I would expect a bit of surface rust in those spots but that is further along than I would like. Even in a climate controlled storage I'd be worried about it progressing. When you pull the vinyl roof to install the correct one and pull the rear window to reseal it, it's all going to snowball.
That was exactly what I was thinking.So actually would you say it is rusting from the inside out?I wondering if I put something on those places to kill the rust and prime it it would maybe slow it down.Looks like rear window is leaking to me and all this water is coming in!I bet there would be a total mess if that roof vinyl was pulled?

I am no expert I think your wrong there.I think 67 GTX only?

bought my 68 in 85........pretty much untouched, with chrome valve covers......still have em

Last edited:
bought my 68 in 85........pretty untouched, with chrome valve covers......still have em

I am sure it was nice and untouched but already 17 years old.
And valve covers are an easy swap.
Grab the hustle stuff parts catalog and start ordering back in the day. Swaped in half an hour

Carsten

I am sure it was nice and untouched but already 17 years old.
And valve covers are an easy swap.
Grab the hustle stuff parts catalog and start ordering back in the day. Swaped in half an hour

Carsten

thanks.......that possibility never occurred to me......and I didnt realize they were so easily installed :rolleyes:

I bought it from the original owner, who barely did maintenance, let alone any upgrades

Last edited:
After seeing the inside of trunk pics, I would bet the car has been repainted and also is not as low milage as they are advertising it as. Agree with the above statement that once the vinyl top is peeled off it is going to turn into a total restoration/money pit real fast.

After seeing the inside of trunk pics, I would bet the car has been repainted and also is not as low milage as they are advertising it as. Agree with the above statement that once the vinyl top is peeled off it is going to turn into a total restoration/money pit real fast.
I am so glad I spent the money to have this car inspected,because it sure saved me a lot of headaches.I am actually 18 hours away in NC.Was considering using free flying hours with friend for a trip to look at it in person if inspection came out good.Goes to show ya,you can't buy a pig in a poke!I am not sure if I want to even make an offer now.

Here is suppose to be some kind of engine number.Not sure where it is located?Can't seem to match it up to anything else on car?Can someone explain?PT440S25271629
ENGINE NUMBER 2.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back