• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Air??

Squirrel

Local time
12:42 AM
Reaction score
I have a '74 Road Runner Tribute (Satellite Sebring Plus) with 400bb--Guy that 'built' this didn't know what the **** he was doing. I didn't get to check it out enough (Dealer didn't allow road test, etc. BUT I did get $750.00 back). But it's MINE and I've FINALLY gotten most of the BUGS worked out: steering coupler/ fuel tank/ 727 TRANS/ radiator/ motor mounts (put 400 in a 318 body without changing the k-member and engine was sitting on the frame).

Was originally an A/C equipped vehicle but all the under hood stuff was removed: Has anybody dealt with Original Air and what was your experience

IMG_20161215_155840424_HDR.jpg IMG_20170527_124409890_HDR.jpg IMG_20170527_124440960_HDR.jpg IMG_20170527_124448458_HDR.jpg

I had a similar issue. 73 with factory air that someone took most of the under hood components off.
I ordered The Classic Auto Air under hood conversion.
No help what so ever on installation as they have the incorrect instructions. Once I got it working, it works but constantly freezes up.
Knowing what I know now, I should have found the pieces for it and restored it to original and converted the old compressor over to R12. If I had to do it again, that is what I would do.
BTW, welcome.

I had a similar issue. 73 with factory air that someone took most of the under hood components off.
I ordered The Classic Auto Air under hood conversion.
No help what so ever on installation as they have the incorrect instructions. Once I got it working, it works but constantly freezes up.
Knowing what I know now, I should have found the pieces for it and restored it to original and converted the old compressor over to R12. If I had to do it again, that is what I would do.
BTW, welcome.
Thanks, ODZKing--I just spoke with CAA about a kit that was advertised for a '71 model only to be told that they DO have a kit for a '74--I also checked VintageAir and that one is VERY pricey.

Auto Transport Service
Back