• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Our 73 charger has come a long way.

fla 66 cuda

Local time
6:41 PM
Reaction score
Looking good! I remember when your son got this, its come along way, you should show that power plant off here for others, its a sweet looking engine. just sayin... Im afraid your sons going to give you a bit of competition around the neighborhood with a great looking Charger! Hope you make your deadline bud.. Good luck.

View attachment 95633View attachment 95632 louis charger 006.JPGlouis charger 005.JPGThanks Ron73 we'll do that there's not a time limit i just want to get it done so i can rest once it's painted it's all down hill from there [i'm in my comfort zone mechanicals] it'll be a breeze,not likein doin body work an i still got mine to do and my son is talking about another car [no more basket cases however]!These are the 440 photos the color was applied by the previous owner depending upon body color choice it may or may not stay this color [it does look cool this color shoulda seen it with the tunnel ram the PO had sitting on it].

Lookin' good.

Yea, I love the looks of that color, I hope it works out with the cars color! And i thought i did see it when i was in your Photo album, engine with the tunnel ram on it, maybe im getting it mixed up with another, wouldn't be hard to do as im always following numerous car resto's, my favorite place here!!

Thanks i finished spraying sealer today gotta order another gun and spray the polyester filler primer then start blocking,fun fun fun!!!!

That's what it is all about. fun and enjoyment of working on a project and hearing/seeing it come back to life.

You are correct and i'm pleased-no amazed at what i have accomplished since i have never done any of this type of stuff before,all my other projects were straight bodied projects that i did all the interior,mechanicals and engine work and let somebody else do paint.

It was great talking to you tonight Lou. The advice you gave me will help a lot. I am looking forward to the finish of your Charger

Same here good luck in your build sounds like you have a great game plan,any time you need to just give me a ring glad to help.

Something about this shot just screams pure evil to me. I love this. Unfinished and this car still looks amazing, like it's almost ready to pounce on something.

attachment.php

I can hardly wait to see more, best of luck to you!

Well fellas i have good and bad news,ever since we got this project i have been trying to sell off some fiberglass fenders that came with it to no avail, today a fella texted and wanted to come see them and he did, well thru the conversation he asked if i had other parts for sale so i took them into the shop to show them our car and what we had done and see if there wasn't something we did not need [his son just bought a 71 charger that's really bad] they started looking at our car and made my son an offer he couldn't refuse so needless to say we sold it made a little money and it's going to a good home plus i get my shop back!!!!!

Great you sold the car even though it's kinda bittersweet. I know you had fun working it it with your son but I can understand the pull of good money. Hopefully you might/may find another one down the road if you or your son so choses. I can't speak for everyone, but I was enjoying watching your work and progress on this car. Hopefully you won't become a stranger on here now that you sold the charger.

Thanks no i'll still be here we had not really gave much thought to sellin it but lately he has not had the funds to proceed [had some dental work bills] and he became slightly discouraged [financally] plus he works full time and college at night don't leave much time to do anything. Plus i have been having some arthritus issues preventing me from doing too much [its a chore just to make it thru work] thanks again and we won't be strangers!

Auto Transport Service
Back