• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Overheating 383

1821449 is single groove, no power steering....1826053 is double groove, with power steering. Concur?
I would agree with those part numbers.
The actual diameter, according to the 440 Source chart, may be 6 5/8". I was close!

7 blades, non-clutch/fixed. 180 thermostat, all new hoses and new thermostat housing.

I should also mention the spring in the lower hose is only there from the factory because of how they were filled with coolant on the assembly line. It will do nothing to help cool your engine on the road. If you find that your lower hose is collapsing, you have a problem. Most likely a blockage in the system. Yes, the spring will help prevent the hose from collapsing...but it wouldn't be addressing the actual issue.
I only bring this up because it was posted earlier in this thread.
Yep, setting up the same. When I got my car (from 2nd owner) someone had put on a 4 blade, but I have located an original 7 blade.

May be a Dum question
Does it have Fan shroud?
I didn’t see you reply about that one.

For all of you that gave suggestions, thank you! Took my car in to my friend's shop and we got it figured out. The radiator was damaged around the cap so leaked and was full of crud. Had a new one made to match the original and got my transmission problem taken care of too. Now fixing the outside and then onto carpet/upholstery.

Auto Transport Service
Back