• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

p/s pump

63 B, 69 motor...that's the problem.
Only matters for the bracket. Any pump can be used, Sag, Fed, TRW. A 63 came with TRW small. If you want to use a 69 Federal no problem, you just have a fitting at the pump end that is different. TRW is flared. Fed is an o-ring type.

I have the ham can style Saginaw pump on my 64. I used a pressure line for a 1969 Dart 340. I think there are two different high pressure fittings for the box. Just make sure you have the right fitting to go with the hose. Also, there are places that build hydraulic lines. That's where you want to have your lines made if you go that way. They have alot of fittings also, so maybe take the box pressure fitting to them to make sure you get the right one. Also, the pressure can be easily regulated on the Saginaw pump to get rid of the one finger steering.

thanks for all the help. I'm going to take the pump and a brass fitting that fits the steering box to a shop that makes hyd. lines and be done with it.

Auto Transport Service
Back