• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PA: Looking for a good body shop

HawkRod

Formerly hsorman
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:49 AM
Reaction score
I now have my 1970 Road Runner driving OK, but the time has come to get the bodywork done on it.

Although I would love to take a shot at some of the metalwork myself, the sad truth is I do not have time right now. With the more limited time I do have, I want to spend it on disassembly, reassembly and restoration of all the other stuff.

I live in Lansdale, PA (suburb north of Philadelphia). Can anyone recommend a GOOD shop reasonably nearby that really knows how to work on these cars? I want to deliver the car as a shell and have them do all the bodywork and paint.

I want a no excuses, competent place that does great work for a fair price.

Thanks for any leads and suggestions!

Hawk

Ugly Pictures

Here are a few pictures of the ugly stuff that will need help (of course, there may be other stuff hidden, but we won't know that until the car is stripped).

It needs a trunk floor and extensions too, as the trunk floor has pin holes in it. I didn't include pictures of the trunk though...

20110219_5.jpg

20110219_19.jpg

20110228_82.jpg

20110228_85.jpg

Notice crease in roof...
20111122_1056.jpg

Good luck on the resto. Just wanted to take this opportunity to bash a scum sucking Chevy body shop to our Pennsylvania members. Shelly's Auto Body in Danielsville. Scum, thief and other things too.

Good luck on the resto. Just wanted to take this opportunity to bash a scum sucking Chevy body shop to our Pennsylvania members. Shelly's Auto Body in Danielsville. Scum, thief and other things too.

Those are some strong words. Care to share why?

Those are some strong words. Care to share why?
Had the Coronet hostage for one year, sprayed front and back separately and rear has much higher gloss. Lied about it. Scratched the glass by placing the rear window on a metal shelf outside face down. I'm sure. There is more. You have heard it all before.

this is not too far away from you
Mark who runs the place is a big mopar/amc guy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Apex-Collision-Service-of-Cherry-Hill-LLC/127346234105443?ref=stream

Thanks for the lead Flypaper. I spoke with Mark for awhile yesterday and he definitely passed the first test! (Thanks Mark for a valuable first conversation about my car!) I hope to narrow down to about three places, go visit with them, talk to past clients and then make a final decision.

Too often people just think about getting a "deal". I am certainly not made of money (I have to leave the Hemi's to Mr. Cranium!), but a project like this has to be for mutual benefit. A shop has to make a fair profit and pay their bills, just like all the rest of us do. Of course, the flip side of that coin is that they need to work with and communicate with their customers, do top notch work and stand behind what they do. My goal out of all this is to come out of this job with both the shop and me happy. That seems difficult today, as there are a lot of shady shops making promises they can't keep, as well as customers who have unreasonable expectations.

Again, thanks for the tip!

Hawk

LOL Dennis you take every opportunity and I understand from the way they did you. Go brother!

Auto Transport Service
Back