• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PA Turnpike tolls......

eldubb440

more miracles than Jesus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:36 AM
Reaction score
so..... looks like Pa fired all the toll collectors and replaced them with camera to photograph your plates and send a bill........ fine, they save a bunch of money

but I just got my bill for last months trips to Carlisle on the Pa Turnpike.........approx 100 miles each way X 4 .......... 118 dollars

no wonder there are no more collectors, the poor bastards would probably get a beating........

so..... looks like Pa fired all the toll collectors and replaced them with camera to photograph your plates and send a bill........ fine, they save a bunch of money

but I just got my bill for last months trips to Carlisle on the Pa Turnpike.........approx 100 miles each way X 4 .......... 118 dollars

no wonder there are no more collectors, the poor bastards would probably get a beating........
I think they charge less if you get an easy pass. I haven’t been on it in years.

25 cents a mile........ passenger car (Durango).......

seems like they quadrupled (at least) over the last few years........ phukking thieves

Did they actually get fired or shuffled into a new hackerama position?

So what do the gas/diesel fuel tax actually pay for?

Texas has these toll roads, I avoid them like the plague. However, I’d did have to get on them once, cost me $43! But the speed limit is 75mph on them, wasn’t complaining about that.

25 cents a mile, much more for trucks...... all day, every day

does anyone ever ask where all the money goes? :mob:

Is it true that this is the Pennsylvania state animal?

1691777156829.png

We’re you pulling a trailer? I know in Floridah, if I pull a two axle trailer it doesn’t cost double the toll, it costs three times as much. Go figure.

We’re you pulling a trailer? I know in Floridah, if I pull a two axle trailer it doesn’t cost double the toll, it costs three times as much. Go figure.

nope...... just my 01 Durango

25 cents a mile, much more for trucks...... all day, every day

does anyone ever ask where all the money goes? :mob:
I don't want this to go political, so I'll leave it at this - a few years back, when I was still operating my truck, all the major industry trade associations were asking that question after PA started making noises about turning Interstate 80 into a toll road. End result, it didn't happen.

Hah ! You want a toll ? You want a toll ? live in the New Toll City, er I mean New York city, area. From NJ over the Hudson river = $17.00. Oh, yeah, if you want to go over the internal bridges or tunnels, that's another $11.00. They force you to get EZ pass for discounts, otherwise pay by mail. Tolls are just indirect taxation.

Isn’t there 22 bridges going into and out of NYC? That can be whittled down according to my friend.

I can say one thing... The money collected is not used to pick up the dead deer carcasses or truck tire retreads that litter the roads. I think the snow plows do it as the snow flies.

We also have a .59 a gallon gas tax. Right behind Illinois and California. And… back in 2019-2020, Pennsylvania was the world’s 3rd biggest oil producer. Makes sense.

You're paying for their beach front property in Florida. We have a few toll roads in Fla. buy a sun pass and save. But like the rest of us where is the gas tax going too. Guess in their pockets. :elmer:

Damn I though nuttyfornia was bad! You Eastsiders are getting hosed big time!
I rarely ever travel on the toll roads up in the Bay Area here, where they've gone to that automated system crap as well.
Last ballgame we went to up there, I drove in the "fast pass" lanes when I wanted and crossed the toll bridges a few times. I received a bill for $21....I can't believe they stick you guys for that much over there, that's horseshit!

In Illinois it’s around 4X the standard toll towing a trailer. There is a modest overnight discount for box trucks, semis and passenger vehicles pulling trailers from 10 pm to 6 am or thereabouts.
And we have the second highest fuel tax in the US too.
Yet the states finances are still a wreck. :mad:

Auto Transport Service
Back