• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PA Turnpike tolls......

I got a bill from New York for tolls going to Carlisle. $5.37 :rolleyes: It cost me more to get a US bank draft and pay the postage to send it back.

I saved $30 off my $52 bill from the PA Turnpike in July

Rental with Hertz

Couple of emails

Few weeks of time or more - Maybe a month

So proud of myself - All that hard work pecking at the keyboard , kind of like here

LOL

Toll by plate is crazy as they are owed over 150 million in unpaid tolls. I think that was last years estimate...

i'm the dumbass who paid them?
LOL. No I pay them too but I use easy pass which saves lots of $$$$. Many said since there is no one there to collect funds they "thought" it was free.. That the crowd they are dealing with and truckers/trucking companies who are not able to make ends meet or just don't want to pay owe lots too.

I believe KS used their version of ez pass to mail speeding tickets based on times between "plazas": Maybe one of you midwesterners can update me on that. Having stated this, ALL EZ PASS HOLDERS; ITS COMING!!! Mailed speeding tickets to arrive soon!!! MORE $$$$$$$ FOR THE TREASURY!!! FYI: Atlantic City Expressway & others, to get "DISCOUNT", you MUST travel x times in y time frame, if not, NO DISCOUNT!! Several coworkers were bitching about this for years.

As much as I want to boycott the PA turnpike, there are quite a few instances where I need to use it; heck, I live right next to it. But using the Turnpike without EZ Pass is a killer.

You local guys should get EZ Pass. A transponder costs $35 and one trip pays for the transponder. I went on their site and calculated rates. With toll by plate, one way from NJ to Carlisle is $46.40, so round trip is $92.80. With EZ Pass, it is $25.30, for a round trip cost of $50.60. So it costs $42.40 more without EZ Pass. Yikes, what a difference! :wtf:

F that Turnpike.... I'll drive a 200 miles to avoid that BS.

F that Turnpike.... I'll drive a 200 miles to avoid that BS.

I heard through the grapevine that if a person who's traveling with a camper/RV and the DEALER mistakingly places the spare tire to partially cover the plate, then you get no pay by plate bills.
Has anyone else heard of this happening? It would be a shame if the Pa turnpike missed out on all those tolls by a mistake from the DEALER!
Asking for a friend.

About 15 years ago i traveled the PA Turnpike almost the entire length, getting on at the end closest to Ohio and getting off at the Ft Washinging exit just outside Philadelphia, all but maybe 30 miles of the PA Turnpike.

When I got to the toll booth the toll was $30 for a passenger car one way. The toll both collector said the tractor trailers were $200 one way at that time for the same distance. She said what caused the spike was when the State owned turnpike was sold to a private owner.

She also said $ collected from each toll subsidized fares for some Philadelphia busing and train system riders such as SEPTA.

Last edited:
She also said $ collected from each toll subsidized fares for some Philadelphia busing and train system riders such as SEPTA.

ah yes, the welfare bus........ NJ Transit runs busses 24/7/365 between philly and atlantic city.......... big diesel powered bus with a driver, fuel, repairs, ect must cost a fortune......... every time I see a bus, 90% of the seats are empty......my tax dollars at work :rolleyes:

not to mention the carbon footprint :jackoff:

Yeah, FL is usually a base toll plus that same amount for "each additional axle".

I went through one toll with a car on a dolly. I had forgotten that it was two additional axles.
Before I realized it, I questioned the operator.
The operator threatened to charge me for the axle that was on top of the dolly.
What a power drunk BITCH.

...and just heard on the radio that FL is getting "speed RADAR cameras" for school zones.

How long before they're elsewhere?

Before retiring, I travelled the PA turnpike between 2 exits for 16 years daily. Had an EZ pass, daily trip home to work was a reliable 35 min each direction with only 20 minutes of that on the turnpike. It was the quickest and most efficent way for me to get to work and avoid crap shoot traffic delays on other possible routes. That was 6 years ago, they still had some toll booth attendants ,but every exit had one or two EZ pass lanes. Over the years tolls kept going up ever year. Guess the toll increases have been paying for the many sections of turnpike where they have been expanding it to 3 lanes in both directions. That required re-doing many of the early bridges built back when the turnpike was first built in the 40's. Glad I don't have to do the turnpike trip any longer, or go to work daily.

Auto Transport Service
Back