• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PA Turnpike tolls......

When I went to Carlisle this year it was $18.40 each way in the 1992 B350 Church Van from New Jersey plus $4.20 at the bridge. The next week I had to do it again with a double axle U-Haul on my way to Winchester, VA. It was $26.80 with the trailer plus $19.90 at the bridge!

Last edited:
Nope, don't miss the NE at all. Nope...
naw.gif

I guess I'm lucky in Michigan we don't have any tolls anywhere that I've ever seen other than going over the Mackinac Bridge I've covered almost every inch of this state but every time we go south Ohio hits Us big time in a few other states too

I guess I'm lucky in Michigan we don't have any tolls anywhere that I've ever seen other than going over the Mackinac Bridge I've covered almost every inch of this state but every time we go south Ohio hits Us big time in a few other states too
We also have the shittiest roads in the country.

There are very few of these in the west. Not being used to it, toll roads feel like direct tax on freedom! I just could no live there.

We also have the shittiest roads in the country.
Well I will agree with that... but mainly goes along with truck weights..... we allow i think 80000 pounds when most states are around half that or so.
The problem is in the winter when the trucks push down the frost in the roads, thats what is the problem.
We need lower weight limits in the frost months.

Ontario built 407 as a toll road bypass of Hwy. 401 through Toronto, Ontario. Tolls are collected through photos of plates on cars that use the road. Once they got it up and running, they sold it to a conglomerate in Spain.

Years ago, I was on my way back from WI to MD from a motorcycle event. Had 2 motorcycles in the bed of my '05 Ram. Toll ....person... (expletive deleted) tried charging me a "multi-axle" toll fee. Ummmm...WHAT???

"you have multiple vehicles, so you have to pay the multi-axle toll"

"No, they're in the bed of my truck, not on the ground, not in a trailer. They're luggage."

She refused to back down.

Want to get the attention of a supervisor? Put your vehicle in park. They show up REAL fast.

Supervisor relieved her of her post, waved me through for free because of the hassle. I can only assume she was trying to charge me for multi, but going to ring it up as a standard vehicle, and pocket the difference.

Denver has a bypass too. Same way, photo. 4 months later I got a bill in the mail.

Well I will agree with that... but mainly goes along with truck weights..... we allow i think 80000 pounds when most states are around half that or so.
The problem is in the winter when the trucks push down the frost in the roads, thats what is the problem.
We need lower weight limits in the frost months.
For about 6-7 decades...

Lots of comment about gas taxes and whatnot on here, but you do realize that the PA Turnpike is not a State or Federal road. The PA Turnpike is a private owned business and can do whatever it wants. The land the turnpike is on was originally bought for a railroad that didn't happen. I used to run semi trucks from Camden, NJ to Elkhart, Indiana almost daily while it did cost a lot, it's a lot faster than trying to use I-80 or I-68. Just be glad there is a turnpike because back roading around PA is not a lot of fun in a semi.

Tom

Last edited:
these thieves had the audacity to send me a "past due" notice ...... so I paid them :hifu:

1695255111070.png

Auto Transport Service
Back