• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Painless wiring systems:

Richie

Local time
2:20 PM
Reaction score
Hi everybody:

I just wanted to know what the bulk head connections look like on those painless systems for Mopars. Do the have the same style hookups as the originals? Also what are they like? I'm guessing some people in here have installed them or had a guy install one. My boss had a 64 GMC changed over and is happy with it the guy who installed it though has been doing these for years.

104-BH6669-1.jpg

This is an example of the M&H. Looks OE correct. I guess this depends on how you want your car to look. In all 5 harnesses. One under dash, one head light, one engine the wiper harness and one tail light harness.

MB2438.jpg

Yes the Painless does look different. The good thing about it is the Coronet will be totally all apart ..Just painted:)

Well the 71 example has a different bulkhead all together. 71 they are weird. So probably not the best painless example to use.

Here is a M&H harness with the correct bulkehead for 70 back. In 71 they changed.

db.net%2Fassets%2Fimages%2FProductImg%2FM%2FMA2314.jpg

This is an example of the M&H. Looks OE correct. I guess this depends on how you want your car to look. In all 5 harnesses. One under dash, one head light, one engine the wiper harness and one tail light harness.

View attachment 1380530
To me it doesn't have to look perfectly stock just nice and tidy and for it to work and be reliable. Also before the Coronet I had a 69 Dart that almost caught fire so I don't want that to happen with this car.

This is what painless has for a 1968 Coronet. No bulkhead and looks like the cheap ones you can buy from speedway for 100.00

10127.jpg

I installed a speedway harness on my friends 1971 satellite. He ended up buying all of the M&H harness's because everything in the car worked. It took me 2 weeks to make the speedway harness work on that car. Just to turn around and rip it all out and go with M&H stuff took a day to install all of it.

Well thanks you guys. I pretty much have two choices I see. It's all going to happen about a year and a half down the road but I have to know what I'm going to do :lol:

Painless and wiring harness do not belong in the same sentence !

I purchased a Painless for my '67 around 18 yrs ago. Never used it. To much cutting n splicing. Definitely not plug n play. Pretty sure it ended up in the garbage.

The harness i ripped out is in a trash bag over on a shelf. I keep it around just incase i find a weird project that needs a harness. A painless harness would be better for a dune buggy project. Or something that has no harness at all. If you just need the basic functions.

Doing a painintheass harness now on my buddy's 52 Merc after he hooked up an Amp gauge the wrong way. At least the instruction book has come a long way. Did one on a 67 GTO a while back with Vintage air, Big Stereo ect. Go M&H

IMG_1677.JPG

IMG_1674.JPG

To me it doesn't have to look perfectly stock just nice and tidy and for it to work and be reliable. Also before the Coronet I had a 69 Dart that almost caught fire so I don't want that to happen with this car.
money wise painless is alot cheaper,crap a M&H dash harness is $500. But I did go M&H on my Bee,I like original plug and play.

I used a painless on my 66 Belvedere. There are no bulkhead connectors. They provide a bulkhead plate with a grommet. The original bulkhead connectors are notorious for corrosion. On the other hand, the M&H harness is plug and play and will be truly painless.

Auto Transport Service
Back