• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paint time help me choose!

Torkmnstr

Local time
11:09 AM
Reaction score
So my 69 runner is in the paint shop and now has come the time to choose what's going on. They are all close but have their differences. All my trim is flat black along with my rims. I'm leaning towards number 2...
IMG_4004.JPG

IMG_4005.JPG

IMG_4006.JPG

IMG_4003.JPG

#3, but #2 is nice too.

2 is the most appealing combination to me.
But I don't care for silver-ish cars.
Had one "emergency" commuter car in the early 80s. Two tone silver 1978 Pont Grand Prix. Made it orange-copper metallic when I sold it. Silver is just too much of no color for me.

If you want to hide the trim go dark ,if you want to show it gi lite

1 or 3. Definitely not 4 for me.

Aren't 2and 4 the same, just ones in the sun others in shade. ? I believe it's Cyber gray possibly ? If so that's what I'm going with. Both are vettes and that's the newer Vette color. Sorry if I'm wrong. 2 is my vote

2 is Watkins glen metallic and 4 is shark grey

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them personally. I like the gunmetal of #1 but when I look at 4, the light silver makes me think of mmissile's bad *** 67...one of the best looking 67's I've ever seen.
I'm partial to silver anyway, talked my father in law into painting his 67 Nova the ford Platinum silver and it looks nice!
Painted my wifes 68 mustang Lexus silver....

FB_IMG_1484191521405.jpg FB_IMG_1484191649522.jpg

Last edited:
#2, one of my favorite colors!

Thanks for all in feedback fellas, so I think #2 is gonna be it. Man I cant believe how hard it is to choose! LOL

I always say, Pick the color that YOU like best. You won't like my answer anyway. I like COLOR. All the cars today are a boring sea of white, black & silver/grey.

Welp when I think I'm settled I find this. Found out it's a tweaked Ferrari color. Hopefully I can get some more info on it. Almost looks like a factory color. This with some brushed or nickel trim would be just right!
IMG_4007.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back