• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paint time help me choose!

I always say, Pick the color that YOU like best. You won't like my answer anyway. I like COLOR. All the cars today are a boring sea of white, black & silver/grey.
I'm with you there I have been bouncing between blues and darks for a while now. Lol

I would take the blue over the silver and grays. Of course blue is my favorite color!

I like all but #4. My choice would be 3. It's going to be sharp

upload_2017-1-14_9-10-17.png

I went with this version of silver and will have black and red accents thru the interior.

I knew someone would ask and I had to go look at the can! It's a Dupont color called cumulus gray.

Hi Tork! no pun intended.... Still reeling from the Christmas expenses and doing small pieces right now. I was scared to do anything with that shiney new paint job sitting in garage, had to wait a week and let it breathe/cure before I could put the cover on her! She is covered up now so I am working on dash at present and hunting for the rally dash pads to give me more room for better gauges. Still need the left lower pad and no one reproduces them yet. Wont be working in garage for about two weeks, the heater in there won't be able to keep up. The front coming at us will have our day time highs at -7 to -4, the lows will be -15 to -20, will be a struggle to keep the paint stored in garage from freezing! This is the time of year when I am very jealous of you people in sunny San Jose. I can almost bet you didn't spend 2 hours snow blowing the 10" of fresh snow we got yesterday?! More to come here and I will be bundled up like the Michelin man to keep pieces of me from freezing off. Hope you are making more progress...send pictures of car and the SUN!

I think the Grey and silver are very hard to match if ever have a fender bender!

A good point 727, I also heard silver and grey were the hardest to shoot. This was not one of those expensive paints, good quality but a fleet color so made in mass quantities. My painter actually sanded back his first spray of the car because the grains of metalflake didn't "standup" to his satisfaction. Not sure if it wasn't mixed thoroughly or wrong tip size BUT I saw what he was talking about and the second shot looked fantastic compared to first. This particular color should be easy to replicate since it is a known fleet color.

Ah man, I was hoping for a white Christmas next year!

Bring your shovel and you can help me dig out now! This is supposed to go till tomorrow and then the bottom falls out of the thermostat and our high for the day will be -8, down to -20. Come on JUNE......

Blah, my in laws live right out side of Tahoe at 7500 feet and they are getting dumped on too! Needless to say I am a wiz with the snow shovel,, never been to Alaska. Might be my e ticket. Lol

Welp when I think I'm settled I find this. Found out it's a tweaked Ferrari color. Hopefully I can get some more info on it. Almost looks like a factory color. This with some brushed or nickel trim would be just right!
View attachment 387165
I just saw this car @ Pomona show a couple weeks ago. Very pleasant color. The carbon panels were slightly wobbly though.

IMG_20170129_145333.jpg IMG_20170129_145307.jpg

Gorgeous color! By wobbly, do you mean frail without enough support? I could see that and know that is an expensive touch to go carbon fiber. I will be doing a carbon fiber weave vinyl on my dash but will have a 1/8" steel underneath for support of the gauges. Just wish I were an electrician so I didn't have to fret sooo much over the wiring aspect of the whole car.

Auto Transport Service
Back