• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Part of torsion bar crossmember needed, middle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crash520

Local time
3:03 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys, still looking for a S/H centre cut section from a torsion bar crossmember to carry out a repair, need the piece between the red lines.
68-70, this issue going to be used to replace a section removed by others during a 5sp conversion that I’m putting back to auto, need part shipped to Yelm WA, and a trans mount if any laying around, don’t need first class part, good used is preferred.

4E8627FA-C3C9-4012-88BC-2D8AD85918A7.jpeg

We have it.. nice used western USA parts. I would take 150.00 for both pieces, plus
shipping to Yelm, Wash. Let us know if you still need.

By "trans mount" do you mean the transmission crossmember?
DSCN1094.JPG

I’m chasing both the transmission crossmember and the torsion bar crossmember piece as highlighted in the original post

Is the 66 chassis piece the same as 68-70? If it is I have you covered.

What transmission was in it? Niether my G Force gf5r 5 speed or Lenco 4 speed needed that much cut out. The gf5r is the same footprint of a Doug Nash. I'd call G Force lol the damge is done. Save crossmember part for kids inheritance.

It’s a Richmond / Doug Nash, previous owner had a “shop” install it, they just cut out the entire centre section, and bolted a trans support across the gap with a single 5/16 bolt on either side and called it done, no bracing whatsoever ever. I’m replacing it with an auto so simply wish to revert it back as best we can to original

That should be easy enough to do. Get a measurement for the parts you need and hackety hack we go.

I have that section from a 69 Road Runner, PM me if you still need one, shipping is no problem

Great effort to help this guy out. Nice job fellas.

PS...the Doug Nash is the same foot print as the *** kicking 1400hp rated GFR5 5 speed. You sure you want a slush box? The can is already open and one hunk of tubing and some steel cold roll will fix you up.

Thanks Fellas, I bought a Sport Satellite that had the DN fitted to it, I also have a Roadrunner, I bought the SS basically for the 440 and 5sp to pull and install into the RR, the SS will simply get a 383/727 put back into it to be sold again, it has FITech EFI, 4 wheel discs, nice car. So I need the section to repair what was removed in order to properly fix everything up rather than the shonky crap that the previous owner had permitted. Here is a pick of the rear trans mount as we purchased the car, bloody criminal. At least it will be fixed properly now. The pic was taken from under the drivers footwell looking back, that one single 5/16 bolt was how we found it

896D077B-39A9-46A9-991E-1B8E88527399.jpeg E140CC00-37E8-46A9-ADB5-BE1BE878824F.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back