• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parts Cheaper on Ebay???

Danny Boy

Secret of life is enjoying the passage of time JT
Local time
12:03 AM
Reaction score
Just an observation on my part........

Appears some (many?) FEBO FABO and FBBO members sell their wares concurrently here and on Ebay, which is great, no problem and encouraged!

The rub comes in when some of these folks sometimes simultaneously sell their wares far CHEAPER on Ebay than to members, sad....

I know I'm kicking a Hornets nest and am saying as members we can do better..........

Listed as an auction or buy it now? Tried to sell my old factory dual quad manifold on the forum for $200 no takers. Put it on fleabay and sold it for $300...

I don't see a problem posting ebay links and corresponding F*BO usernames.

We have an ebay store but all the pricing is the same as on our website and in our catalog. Unless it is a scratch/dent item.

Saw a part NOS on ebay sold for $350. It maybe worth it to the right person or a little more rather than have your original restored. See the part listed on here for around $1900 to $1995 or OBO forget the exact amount. I could tell it was the same from some chipped paint. Don't know if it sold but if somebody offered/bought it for $900 he made a nice profit. Tried to sell a carb here $975 on bites so off to ebay. Post on ebay $1150 because of there fees, after a month reduced to $1050 nothing. Market for Hemi carbs is way down,MO. Reduced to $725 here sold in 2/3 weeks. No fees and no 1099 tax forms, would need to sell on ebay for $850.

Car guys like to deal.
Used parts, here , swap meets ect.
Even ebay has the make a offer feature. You see a part you want then make a reasonable offer on it through pm here, face to face at the swap meet , ect.
My advice for what its worth is if you see a member selling a part cheaper on eBay than on here thats were you should buy it , on ebay.
Nothing wrong with a seller making a extra buck. Besides its only worth what it sells for.lol

The rub comes in when some of these folks sometimes simultaneously sell their wares far CHEAPER on Ebay than to members, sad....

I know I'm kicking a Hornets nest and am saying as members we can do better..........
I never sell anything cheaper on ebay, you lose 12.5% right off the top.

With what "charged440" said, you have no complaint! Would you rather pay that fee, or let them?

Car guys like to deal.
Used parts, here , swap meets ect.
Even ebay has the make a offer feature. You see a part you want then make a reasonable offer on it through pm here, face to face at the swap meet , ect.
My advice for what its worth is if you see a member selling a part cheaper on eBay than on here thats were you should buy it , on ebay.
Nothing wrong with a seller making a extra buck. Besides its only worth what it sells for.lol
If a member was selling a part on ebay cheaper and I wanted the part I'd ask him for the ebay price, save him fees. I'd also be thinking WTF.

I guess someone doesn't understand a comment!

Just an observation on my part........

Appears some (many?) FEBO FABO and FBBO members sell their wares concurrently here and on Ebay, which is great, no problem and encouraged!

Ebay casts a wider net, and has some protections......I've sold a few bits and pieces on there, and here......but never mark up, and that's just a me thing.....for others whose investment and time is finding and selling these getting harder to find parts.....I'm totally ok with it.

As my ebay experience has been - the timing makes all the difference. As I posted earlier, I listed the intake for the same price I posted it for on the forum. But, obviously more than one person wanted it and bids started. Posted another item, set of nos parking light lenses wanting 50 bucks for them; about what I paid. Well dang, bids kept arriving getting $200. I won't mention ALL da other stuff I threw on ebay for months never getting a bid or then eventually a buyer at times. Lol, seems as though I mentioned it.

Just like getting laid
Oh well…now…those days are well behind me…BUT did have my fun back when…it’s still difficult to face this reality nonetheless…that those days won’t arrive in my future, lol with a tinge of NOT.

Was thinking of asking Joey if he would be up for an auction platform; but could be a can of worms. I have this piece of toast that displays a likeness of Jesus and an air guitar I’d like to auction..

With what "charged440" said, you have no complaint! Would you rather pay that fee, or let them?
It wasn't a complaint, I am just stating the fact that I get 12.5% less profit going through ebay vs my own website. I sell things cheaper on my own than on ebay because I don't have to pay their cut. I make more and the customer pays less, win win.

Auto Transport Service
Back