• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pass side fresh air question

Local time
6:17 AM
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for info on how the fresh air vent on the passenger side is hooked up and where it's controlled from. Mine is disconnected. Any pics or info is appreciated.

Oh, this a 69 Satellite that I'm referring to.

Controlled by a cable....Cable secured near the opening with a clip. Cable runs up under the dash. It comes out to the right of the steering column a few inches. Cables are pretty easy to find used or new. Megaparts has new ones....

vent.JPG

were.jpg

I have a cable and handle on the left of the steering wheel. You're saying that there's one on each side of the steering wheel? thanks.

Yup....there's one on the left and one on the right. Look on the very bottom of your dash to the right of the column. You'll notice two holes about and inch apart from each other

yup, gotta love them nut coolers when you dont have A/C!

i have 440 air...4 windows open @ 40 mph

she knows what happens to men when they come out of the pool, doesnt she???

cos-tanza! lol

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 214
nobody asked if the original poster had factory AC or not...if not, then no fresh air box on passenger side and no cable either

Bryan

nobody asked if the original poster had factory AC or not...if not, then no fresh air box on passenger side and no cable either

Bryan

I don't have A/C and yes, I have the fresh air box.

ok...then all you need is the cable and bracket.

nobody sells just the vent box..it's part of the heater box, cannot be separated

then all you need is the cable and bracket.

Bracket is attached to the passenger side vent with rivets....I imagine it's probably still there. You'll also need the clip to secure the cable in place at the vent.

clip.jpg

http://www.megapartsusa.com/proddetail.asp?prod=132-6015143

Does anyone sell the vent box?

The drivers side vent box is separate from the heater box assembly. Passenger side vent is incorporated into the heater box. I have not seen anyone reproduce these yet for B-Bodies. Someone else might have. Pretty easy to find a rebuild a used one though.

Hey, I just wanted to thank you all for letting me vent.

This seems like it should be a real breeze.

Now I'm gonna duct outta here.

:tongue7:

Hey, I just wanted to thank you all for letting me vent.

This seems like it should be a real breeze.

Now I'm gonna duct outta here.

:tongue7:

And don't forget to tip your waitress..... He's here all week ladies and gentlemen..... LOL!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back