• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pentastar Emblem Location

Well my 72 now has one. However, I shaved off the pins and mounted it with 3M emblem adhesive, so it can be easily removed if I get sick of people questioning me about it, similar to when morons at car shows/cruises preach to me how my car "cant be both a GTX and a road runner", I have a magazine article about the 72 rr GTX laminated and just hand it to a person and walk away when they claim my car somehow doesnt exist.

Well done Bud. I still get a kick out of the fact that the previous owner tried cloning your with my Roadrunner before he sold it to me... lol

Here's a better pic from a cruise last night showing the pentastar. Nice 69 rr in the background. He had hedman headers with electric cut-offs, sounded so damn amazing.

Attachments

• photo8.jpg
    photo8.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 237
After thinking about it I believe that the 72 6 pack charger that was at Ron Slobes place had a pentastar on it. I would ave to find my pics to be sure. BUt that was also a pilot car if I remember correctly.

Larry

Well 72 Chargers never came factory with a sixpack setup so I someone most likely added it as well as the sixpack! lol

Well 72 Chargers never came factory with a sixpack setup so I someone most likely added it as well as the sixpack! lol

I should probably let Larry respond to this one, but there was a hand full of "V" code 72' Chargers and RR/GTXs built before the 440 6 bbl engine option was withdrawn for model year 1972 production.
WH23V2G100006h.jpg
WH23V2G100006g-1.jpg

More info here about 72' v-codes

There are 2 72 6 pack chargers that exist and 1 Roadrunner that I have owned for 17 years so a few did get out.

Larry

Yeah but I am talking officially listed option for 72 it was not available
I have a feeling the couple 72's that escaped the factory with the 3 2's was probably purely by mistake or a special order that had been carried over from a 71 probably were built and someone realized the oops real quick!! lol

It had to have been cancelled shortly after they produced those materials then because I think there would be a heck of alot more 72 440 6 packs than just 3 or 4????

The fact that the 6bbl option was excluded for 72' cars built for sale in California altogether hints and supports the accepted story that the cancellation was primarily related to the difficultly of meeting even the 72' 49-state emissions requirements on a consistent warrantable level. Combined with projected low order numbers related to high fuel and insurance cost of the time, the call was made very early not to proceed with the option. Story goes there were many pre-production orders cancelled or substituted with a u-code cars.

Last edited:
Yeah totally agree, I read that story on the yellow 72 440 6 pack Charger I must say very interesting!!! That car is worth buku money!!!!!

It was an official option as I have parts books and Salesmans books with it in it. It was cancelled very early. The 2 Chargers were built first or second day of august. My roadrunner was built Aug 8 I believe so it is the latest built car discovered so far.

Larry

Thank you for all of the responses. That will definitely help. Thanks to every one who responded.
Rick

It was an official option as I have parts books and Salesmans books with it in it. It was cancelled very early. The 2 Chargers were built first or second day of august. My roadrunner was built Aug 8 I believe so it is the latest built car discovered so far.

Larry

Larry was your passenger fender original on the 72 RR?? Very early 72's were know to come through with Pentastar. I know of two cars local that were built in August that came through with it.
Ron

Only early production 72 cars had the Pentastar. It was discontinued on all cars after December. So if you have a August/September to November production, I'd say you are safe putting one on. I believe E bodies stopped first but you know Chrysler, if it wasn't in the bin, it didn't get one.
But that is my 2 cents.

Mine was a 11/24/71 RR and it did not have one, but I dont know for sure its the original fender. I did add one though.
My build date was the day before Thanksgiving, and the same date DB Cooper hijacked the plane LOL. It has 33,333 miles on it now.

Nice RR, Wish mine only had 33,333 miles on it. I am going to refinish this winter. Will post some pics through the process.

Nice RR, Wish mine only had 33,333 miles on it. I am going to refinish this winter. Will post some pics through the process.

Auto Transport Service
Back