• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Perked Coffee

I am not a regular coffee drinker but I was at the Vet on Saturday. They had Kona Coffee in the hopper. It was not good until I dumped sugar and creamer into it.

When camping, absolutely. I usually go for a tropical light roast.

It all depends on your tastes. Like bitter, go dark and African or European. Like smooth and aromatic, go central American, tropical isles, South American.

since heart attack haven't had the taste for coffee anymore :mad:

I perk mine still, not on the stove
it's my grandparents old electric percolator Sunbeam
from the 1960's

I like Dark Roast Breakfast Blends,
whole beans & grind my own, 5 scoops, I like it strong
cowboy coffee
add some vanilla extract sometimes &/or Cinnamon sticks
just to spice things up

since heart attack haven't had the taste for coffee anymore :mad:
I've heard some people who went through what you did say the same think. Its ok as long as your recovered and doing your thing is all that counts. I laid off coffee for twenty years and only now am starting to drink a very small amount

I perk mine with. Glenlivet

I've heard some people who went through what you did say the same think. Its ok as long as your recovered and doing your thing is all that counts. I laid off coffee for twenty years and only now am starting to drink a very small amount

Double bypass in 1990,probably drink more now than ever,no problems.My nephew and a few others won't touch my coffee,I like mine black and strong !!

I perk mine still, not on the stove
it's my grandparents old electric percolator Sunbeam
from the 1960's

I like Dark Roast Breakfast Blends,
whole beans & grind my own, 5 scoops, I like it strong
cowboy coffee
add some vanilla extract sometimes &/or Cinnamon sticks
just to spice things up
X2, except mine is a vintage General Electric that my parents gave me. It's brewing right now as I type. :)

My heart attack had zero effect on my coffee habits. I bought an inexpensive cappuccino machine because I like Americanos'!! I have 2 of them each day, one when I wake up and one after dinner. I am one of the fortunate ones who has zero reaction to caffeine so I can drink coffee late in the evening and sleep like a baby. Now sugar....that is a different discussion. I drink my coffee black. When camping at my gold claim, I have a Merlita drip system I have used for years and I like that just fine. I have not had a cup of "perked" coffee in I can't even remember how long.

My heart attack had zero effect on my coffee habits. I bought an inexpensive cappuccino machine because I like Americanos'!! I have 2 of them each day, one when I wake up and one after dinner. I am one of the fortunate ones who has zero reaction to caffeine so I can drink coffee late in the evening and sleep like a baby. Now sugar....that is a different discussion. I drink my coffee black. When camping at my gold claim, I have a Merlita drip system I have used for years and I like that just fine. I have not had a cup of "perked" coffee in I can't even remember how long.
Darius & I might be related, I just about throw up if sugar in coffee. Black only & I could go a cup or two & still fall right asleep.

Screenshot_20180206-122837.jpg

Still the best way!

Best coffee I ever had was in Washington St on the Olympic peninsula on 101. Wife wanted to walk along the shore and me lunch time. So of course we walked the beach first. Normally after morning coffee I'm done for the day. Feeling a little tired I ordered a coffee, drank 3 cups. Would have had more, but stopping to hit the bathroom stopped me. Wish I asked what coffee it was.

cupofjoe2.jpg
this is a real good coffee right out of a canteen cup
6p9vySV.jpg

Best coffee I ever had was in Washington St on the Olympic peninsula on 101. Wife wanted to walk along the shore and me lunch time. So of course we walked the beach first. Normally after morning coffee I'm done for the day. Feeling a little tired I ordered a coffee, drank 3 cups. Would have had more, but stopping to hit the bathroom stopped me. Wish I asked what coffee it was.
Well better-half & I hit the Kona coffee plantation in 2004 and it was very good coffee. No flavoring for me, just the straight old black stuff.

What does it mean to “perk coffee” never heard that before

What does it mean to “perk coffee” never heard that before
Ohhhh, a 'K-cup" guy, lol. Hot water up thru a pipe and over a bed of coffee grounds, the drippings land in the bottom and over&over. And then you got hours(?) of heating before it's all drank. Also a 30-cup brewer can go quite awhile before it's all gone( that's military-ese for getting able to stand by itself without a cup)!

Auto Transport Service
Back