• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Perked Coffee

Ohhhh, a 'K-cup" guy, lol. Hot water up thru a pipe and over a bed of coffee grounds, the drippings land in the bottom and over&over. And then you got hours(?) of heating before it's all drank. Also a 30-cup brewer can go quite awhile before it's all gone( that's military-ese for getting able to stand by itself without a cup)!
Nah I don’t have one of those keurig machines just a regular electric coffee maker. I
Might have to get one of those and try it out.

Remember when Mr Coffee was the rage? How many stove top per's you think landed in the garbage as result? Well more than a few, as i saw some in my fathers " Mongo" pile.

My Grandparents always had a pot on.
I remember these ads from an early age.

Coffee perking on the stove, that is one of the best things you can smell , that along with bacon frying next to it. Got to admit we have went the way of the drip pot. But I do miss perked coffee and my old Butter Nut brand.

Coffee perking on the stove, that is one of the best things you can smell , that along with bacon frying next to it. Got to admit we have went the way of the drip pot. But I do miss perked coffee and my old Butter Nut brand.
My father use to put the pot on at five a.m. every mourning. I recall it well. I haven't fried bacon in over 20 something years. Use one of those bacon trays and the microwave. May just have to haul out my cast iron skillet and return to basics LOL

Auto Transport Service
Back