• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pertronx Igniter III

Local time
11:25 AM
Reaction score
I purchased an Igniter III for a 440 that I'm building for my 66 Charger. The install was easy up until the point where I had to hook up the vacuum advance. I wrote pertoxnix and they sent me a pic of it connected. Where it attaches to the rotating plate is different from mine. I pulled the pin from the end of my vacuum canisters arm and installed it on the attaching pin on the pertronix unit. The hole on my arm (where the pin used to be)seemed too large for the pin on the igniter III. In the end I drilled a new hole to the correct size and cut the arm shorter on the canister to remove the existing hole where I removed the pin.
Is there a store bought vacuum canister to fit this igniter III?

Did you buy the just the module or their billet dist.? When I installed the Ignitor 3 in my stock points type dist. I didn't have any issue with the vac. canister.

I purchased the module pertronix 71385 from summit racing

Maybe someone else will chime in. I don't remember having a problem with the install. Maybe send an e mail to Pertronix tech dept. or call them.

Auto Transport Service
Back