• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picking a cam when also weighing auto VS a manual trans....

I wish I had an overdrive. Just Friday I took a run down the freeway (not a common thing for my car) to Kingsburg to meet a friend for lunch. With my 3.73s and 28" tires 3000ish RPM gets me to 65-70 and these nutbags were all over my ***, in an area where roadwork had us necked to one lane. So I'd let them suck hydrocarbons for a bit while they weaved side-to-side, trying to see if I was the front car...and then I would smash the gas and leave everyone in a dust cloud. This thing just takes off, even from that speed. But then I'm winding at 4000+ and that just seems like a mean thing to do to my engine...so I'd back down. The jackwads would eventually catch up, and then, I'd do it again. It was fun. But I wish I had an OD.

With the amount of torque and power that you have you could get by with a higher rear gear ratio. I have 3.23 gears in the S60 in my Coronet and it is very snappy on the street. It might be slower at the track but I don't race it. For street driving the 3.23 gears work just fine.

Why do the Lunati camshaft timing card circles look reversed, flipped over, rotating counterclockwise compared to all other brand timing cards ??

Like Intake open event, BTDC in the top Left circle quadrant rotating Clockwise thru TDC (circle top) past BDC (circle bottom) to ABDC in the lower left quadrant based on all my camshaft timing card diagrams.

Auto Transport Service
Back