• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics of everyones 68-69 Coronets

Factory A4 silver? Bee or R/T. What are the deets?
KID
Actually just a 440 in a color the wife picked out..... but I am making it "MyBee" after the 68, 4 speed I had in high school. Turned the 383 into a 496 stroker, have a 4L80 , 6 speed behind it with a hemi rear end, Holley sniper EFI inject tank and distributor, QA1 suspension up front , new wiring harness and putting buckets and Borgeson steering box in her eventually. Redid the dash with a carbon fiber covering and new digital Speed Hut gauges all the way....the wiring scares me with all the computers and gauges...but I have a friend helping me that knows that crap intimately!
IMG_0426.JPG
FullSizeRender.jpg

Can you add a larger and better side view picture with the turbine wheels shown in the picture with your wife ?
I don't have many pre-resto pics. Three weeks after I got the car I started the resto. Here's two more.

IMG_1147.JPG IMG_1159.JPG

Thank you, started a restoration ? Lol ! That car looked car show worthy to begin with it. Very nice
The exterior was in good shape. Three weeks after purchasing I was taking it on a drive and the driver's side wheel lugs all back off - the tire bounced up and ruined the fender. After taking the fender off, found all kinds of rust. The further I peeled back the onion skin, the more I found. After removing both front fenders and finding more rust, the resto began.

IMG_1168.JPG IMG_1245.JPG IMG_1246.JPG IMG_1247.JPG

The exterior was in good shape. Three weeks after purchasing I was taking it on a drive and the driver's side wheel lugs all back off - the tire bounced up and ruined the fender. After taking the fender off, found all kinds of rust. The further I peeled back the onion skin, the more I found. After removing both front fenders and finding more rust, the resto began.

View attachment 711429 View attachment 711430 View attachment 711431 View attachment 711432
Sounds like my luck, lol ! What are you going to do or what did you do about the front fender ? As you know, that’s the last thing you want to damage or look for concerning these cars.

Sounds like my luck, lol ! What are you going to do or what did you do about the front fender ? As you know, that’s the last thing you want to damage or look for concerning these cars.
I drove up to Tacoma, WA and bought a 69 front clip I found for sale on this forum. The fender was too bent up to save.

My '69, from the UK. It's a tribute, was originally a 318 440. Now it's a raucous 383. At the moment it's in car hospital, discovered damage to the 727 around the starter motor which I'm addressing.

20180804_152647 (1).jpg

Love that shade of blue , bet you get a lot of attention over there .Is it RH drive?
Thanks, yes it gets lots of attention, mostly because its pretty loud - especially when compared to the average cars over here! Its LHD as are almost all the american cars that make their way over here. Engine out imminently which will be a learning curve for me (never removed an engine before) to repair a broken transmission mount tab (the one by the starter).

'68 Rattle Trap. Did double duty as the ski boat tow vehicle as well (4 spd even). Unfortunately I don't own either of them anymore, although they are still in Ontario.

'68 Rattle Trap 9.jpg

Thanks, yes it gets lots of attention, mostly because its pretty loud - especially when compared to the average cars over here! Its LHD as are almost all the american cars that make their way over here. Engine out imminently which will be a learning curve for me (never removed an engine before) to repair a broken transmission mount tab (the one by the starter).
What do you mean by LHD ?

Left Hand Drive...

Yup, sorry, thought that was a well known phrase. Our cars (and those in Japan, Australia and a few other countries) are RHD - right hand drive because we drive on the left, everyone else drives on the right and so have LHD. Being on the 'wrong' side is only really an issue when trying to pass a large stopped vehicle like a bus. In most other scenarios instead of looking around cars you look under them (look round the nearside and not the offside). Not that this is a huge problem in the Coronet as its not really a back road monster like some of the European and Japanese cars are (our roads are narrower and typically twistier than yours - we have less space than you!)

1450150_10152076544837329_1506881306_n.jpg

This is my 69 R/T in England, pictured back in 1984 the day I collected it from the docks. I bought it at the 84 Mopar Nationals in Indianapolis for $600, less engine and box. 440 4-speed, 3.54 Dana, F8/White stripe, Ramcharger car, St.Louis built, sold new in Odessa, Texas. Has the fender tag, no broadcast sheet. Currently wedged in the back of my shop awaiting it's third engine, hopefully a big cube stroker and T56 trans.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back