• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

pictures of door seals

Crusty

Local time
1:41 PM
Reaction score
I need to see where the seals and stainless go around the doors on a '65 coronet 2 door hardtop.
Can someone post or send me some pictures of these seals.
I have kind of figured out where the stainless goes that holds the roof rail seal but that's it.
I have no idea about the seal from the rain gutter down,
I have checked old postings but still can't figure it out.
These cars are rare in my area. The service manual and parts book don't show it either.
Please help me
Thank you
Crusty

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hey guys help me out please
thanks
Crusty

Can you post a picture of the area you need help? I have a lot of photos when I disassembled my car.

working out of town I will get some pics soon but it's basically the seals all the way around the drivers(and passenger) door.
I pretty well have the roof rail seal (that goes in the stainless along the top of the windows from the top corner of the drivers window to the back corner of the roll up windows in the back seat by the rear window/trunk area) figured out.
It is the seal that goes between the A post and the door vent window area that I have a problem with,, also where the wind lace/seal starts and stops
Thanks for your help

Did 65afx get you all the pics you need? If not, I could get you some this weekend.

Did 65afx get you all the pics you need? If not, I could get you some this weekend.

Yes he did. He sent me some great pictures. I didn't know that there is suppose to be U shaped brackets screwed to the roof rail for
the inside window garnishes to screw to.
Can you tell me or take a picture of what goes on the front edge of the vent window frame ( on the chrome) between the window frame and the "A" post seen when the door is open?
Is it a seal or something else that covers the two bolts (the bolts inside the rectangular holes) that secure the vent window frame to the door
Thanks for your help
Crusty

Last edited:
This sounds like where your talking about. Mine has a length of seal about 30 inches long, it appears to be stuck done just above where a screw is at. I'm not sure what 2 bolts for the window frame you are talking about. The seal, then runs down around the curve of the door for 4-6 inches. Hope this helps.

IMG_0299[1].jpg

IMG_0298[1].jpg

IMG_0300[1].jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back