• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pictures of hood scoops 1963-1968

FFE77449-7514-47FE-9CD9-8B35D5B5E4B7.jpeg C6449D22-4D6E-40F8-BC24-59B5F15A310A.png 0A56775D-806B-46ED-9F05-169BB52D74DF.jpeg
NO SCOOP FOR YOU!!!

Last edited:
IMG_1129.JPG

5" Hemi Scoop from VFN, cut down to 4-1/4" on a steel hood. I had clearance issues with this set up, could only get 2" air filters to fit on the eddies. 68 lbs. Best of 10.39
IMG_4150.jpg

IMG_3091.JPG

Brutal piece of junk fiberglass hood, needed to completely reconstruct and it ended up with a 5" cowl scoop out of spite. Cons: Cowl scoop.... Pros: 16 X 5" air filter fits under. No bulging crossing stripes. 33 lbs. Best of 10.12.

IMG_5987.JPG

2019: Switching back to the hemi scoop hood early into the season.

What manufacturer has top quality fiberglass hoods & scoops ??

What manufacturer has top quality fiberglass hoods & scoops ??
---
Just go straight over to AAR (Stinger) Fibreglass. They make a beautiful hood and hemi scoop. A local friend bought his over the winter and it is nice stuff. He chose the 3 inch hemi scoop and finished weight is 39 lbs, he's using it on hinges. Apparently it didn't take much work to make it hingeable. When I got my hood it was 11 lbs and it would flop over like a flimsy piece of arborite if you tried to stand it on it's side, it is a product of Sled City.
What kind of height are you going to need?

Last edited:
I think it would be worthwhile to talk about any needs or concerns you have with Sled City before you buy. Im sure they can make a heavier scoop (in theory). They are close for me, and ive seen their stuff at many shows, yet never really heard complaints. I know they've slowed down some, and Im a little out of touch these days too tho. HTH, Lefty

i used glasstec for my hood and scoop which the hood is the hinged type. quality is super nice and fit perfect. very little prep work to get it ready for paint and customer service was also great. bumpers also came from them again great quality and very little prep work. i got my front fenders from VFN fiberglass and was so glad that i went with them. after talking to a few people on this forum really made me dig into to find the good stuff. also a big thanks to malex, doug and cranky for the input while this was my first time buying and prepping glass parts for a project. the trick for me is look at all the small details were the fasteners go and body lines. like cranky said also use the nylon bolts and nuts to bolt them together if you are putting your car on a diet.

---
Just go straight over to AAR (Stinger) Fibreglass. They make a beautiful hood and hemi scoop. A local friend bought his over the winter and it is nice stuff. He chose the 3 inch hemi scoop and finished weight is 39 lbs, he's using it on hinges. Apparently it didn't take much work to make it hingeable.

Malex, Did he buy their hinge-able hood, or are you saying he bought their lightweight pin-on hood and made it hinge-able?

Last edited:
---
Just go straight over to AAR (Stinger) Fibreglass. They make a beautiful hood and hemi scoop. A local friend bought his over the winter and it is nice stuff. He chose the 3 inch hemi scoop and finished weight is 39 lbs, he's using it on hinges. Apparently it didn't take much work to make it hingeable. When I got my hood it was 11 lbs and it would flop over like a flimsy piece of arborite if you tried to stand it on it's side, it is a product of Sled City.
What kind of height are you going to need?

3"-3.5" Height Hemi Style Hood scoop

Last edited:
Malex, Did he buy their hinge-able hood, or are you saying he bought their lightweight pin-on hood and made it hinge-able?
---
Hi LW. I'm certain that he made it hingeable. I actually looked at it a few months back when he was working on it and there is good structure under there to start with. I was impressed with it. Both the hood and the scoop.

Question, does anyone know what is going on with the AAR fiberglass website?????

Question, does anyone know what is going on with the AAR fiberglass website?????
----
Stinger Fiberglass owns AAR. Go to Stingers website and then select AAR.

AAR hood with a VFN 5" scoop,made it hingable with pins and stock hinges,,to clear an indy tunnel ram,car will be running in a month or so and see if i like it or not,,if not,i will let the carbs stick thru the hood un covered...engine compartment will be painted this weekend,,
IMG_0139.JPG
IMG_0134.JPG

AAR hood with a VFN 5" scoop,made it hingable with pins and stock hinges,,to clear an indy tunnel ram,car will be running in a month or so and see if i like it or not,,if not,i will let the carbs stick thru the hood un covered...engine compartment will be painted this weekend,,View attachment 751252 View attachment 751253
What's your opinion on fasteners holding scoop to hood? Unpainted or painted and why?

What's your opinion on fasteners holding scoop to hood? Unpainted or painted and why?
this scoop was designed for bolt or bond on..believe it or not the instructions said to use more bolts than shown..its bolted on for now to see how its going to be when driven,,i have since used a paint pen on all the bolt heads..i have seen scoops at car shows bolted on with galv fastners exposed,,,like going for a rat rod type look...

I like the Max Wedge scoop myself like I use on my 63. But you have to go with what you like as it is your car. Ron

412924390.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back