• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pictures of hood scoops 1963-1968

I have a friend that runs N/SS with me. He uses those air filters shown to slow the car down. Also carbs with no scoop or air filter will not like it. Air blowing over the bowl vents will cause it to go lean at speed. I formed a round K&N filter into an oval for my street car. It seems to work pretty well.
Doug

IMG_7816.JPG

I agree with slimt, If your going to run a wedge then stick with what is in the Avatar. If you're putting a Hemi in it then go with the 64-67 Hemi Scoop.

My opinion those are the nicest scoop for that era of Mopar.
I took my '62 Dart wagon/426 hemi SS engine to the Van nuys spring fling around year 2000. I had installed the Hemi hood scoop. the staff parked me next to a gorgeous '65 hemi SS car -same scoop.
the owner of the '65 immediately and said I had the wrong scoop for a '62??(there was no correct scoop for '62) it should be the max wedge scoop. I opened the hood,he quietly walked away.
dodgedart engine.jpg

I think it would be worthwhile to talk about any needs or concerns you have with Sled City before you buy. Im sure they can make a heavier scoop (in theory). They are close for me, and ive seen their stuff at many shows, yet never really heard complaints. I know they've slowed down some, and Im a little out of touch these days too tho. HTH, Lefty
Hello Lefty, Sled City will be set up at the Chrysler Power Classic May 17-18 at National Trail Raceway. Stop by and check out our products, and bring your money if you are interested in some fiberglass. Mention this site and get a 10% discount. If you want a thin hood from us , it will be on the flimsy side. We have 3 weights, Street weight, Race weight, and Super Race weight, slightly flimsy. Some people want flimsy, believe it or not. I have not slowed down any at all , in fact we are busier than ever because of all the shows that we are doing. People are comparing our products with those products from Florida with two names, and our turn around times were 4-6 weeks and now they are 4 days- 3 weeks. AND OUR PRICES ARE AFFORDABLE !

Last edited:
Kirk, Call Sled City. Your scoop has been done for over a week. Sent an email to you and haven't heard back. Call me.

No worries, like to come down and pick up.

Kirk

I recently checked out my friend's new 64 Plymouth AAR fibreglass hood and 3" Hemi scoop, also from AAR. It required no work and was perfect. Fit across the back and both fenders was dead on too, and no ugly round corners. Underneath looked excellent, not like a kid was doing paper mache. It looked as good as a steel hood. After that last POS fibreglass hood that I purchased from another joint, seeing AAR's quality, I feel confident in recommending AAR if anyone is looking to buy and I'll be ordering from AAR without worry.

Last edited:
Sled City Fiberglass had a great day at the races at the Chrysler Power Classic here at National Trail Raceway . Sold a 64 Plymouth hood and 2 65 Plymouth hoods and 4 scoops. Not a bad day and tomorrow Kirk will be there to pick up his scoop, ( 2 day event ). Weather was great and is supposed to be a scorcher tomorrow. Stop by our display and see the high quality of our fiberglass. Most lift off hoods are $350 and most bolt on scoops are $300, bumpers are $200, trunks are $300. See ya there !!!

Picked up my Sled City Fiberglass scoop today. All I can say is the product is 100% on point and the customer service was second to none! Larry's pride and craftsmanship shows in all his products. Thank you sir, I will be a repeat customer.

Cheers

Kirk

Last edited:
Here is what the glass hood looks like.

Sled City Fiberglass had a great day at the races at the Chrysler Power Classic here at National Trail Raceway . Sold a 64 Plymouth hood and 2 65 Plymouth hoods and 4 scoops. Not a bad day and tomorrow Kirk will be there to pick up his scoop, ( 2 day event ). Weather was great and is supposed to be a scorcher tomorrow. Stop by our display and see the high quality of our fiberglass. Most lift off hoods are $350 and most bolt on scoops are $300, bumpers are $200, trunks are $300. See ya there !!!
Do you have rear deck lids for 64 Dodge 440 and what's the cost

Auto Transport Service
Back