• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pictures of My Cars #'s

How were you able to do that. My car came with what I think is the orig licence plate. Were you able to get that thru the DMV based on the VIN?

Which is natural curiosity. There's no harm in that.

A lot of people want to know the history of their car. I was fortunate to find the original owner of my car and learned a lot.

How were you able to do that. My car came with what I think is the orig licence plate. Were you able to get that thru the DMV based on the VIN?

Through the title, the history of my car was pretty well known to begin with. I just started with a name on the title and worked backward. I was also fortunate to have the Montana DMV send me copies of all the previous title transfers. (Post 911 but pre paranoid) My car didn't change hands too much for about 20 years so in my case, it wasn't that hard.

I think I'm approaching the title of "longest owner".

Through the title, the history of my car was pretty well known to begin with. I just started with a name on the title and worked backward. I was also fortunate to have the Montana DMV send me copies of all the previous title transfers. (Post 911 but pre paranoid) My car didn't change hands too much for about 20 years so in my case, it wasn't that hard.

I think I'm approaching the title of "longest owner".

I think you mean "longest owner of your car", don't you? I think "oldbee" is an original owner of his car, that's pretty hard to beat. And also quite convenient when trying to trace the ownership history of a car! :)

Just talked to the Michigan DMV and they only keep records back to 2006. Even if I got any info due to privacy laws that info is not available, so I guess I'm at a loss to get back to 68.:mad:

I doubt you'll get back to 1968 easily in your search. If you want to gamble $4.95 you might get the last few owners using this:

https://titlecheck.us/index.html

On my 2007 Ranger that I bought used in 2015, it only showed one owner and very little information. My friend used this for his Duster before purchase and it had title info and states going back to 2000. Probably a waste of money, but you could contact them and see what they say about your case.

Well the house won... but thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

Capture.JPG

Sorry I sent you down a rabbit hole.

No worries my friend, it was a gamble & at least I know what I was able to find. Much cheaper than going thru the DMV. I watched your videos & they're really great!

Sorry I sent you down a rabbit hole.

Was going back thru some pic's & see I never posted my trunks # B8X063290. Which matches the radiator support #. Now I just need to locate the # on the rear which I seem to remember are on the top of the axel base but am drawing a blank.

IMAG1725.jpg
IMAG1726.jpg

Other than the 489 on the case isn't there another set of numbers with the cast date?
No...Don't get an 8 3/4 confused with a dana 60.....Just the numbers on the 489 case is all you have.......

Thanks Justin! Wasn't sure if there were any other #'s to look for. I thought all parts would have a cast date/part# on them. Thnaks for all of your help as usual.:thumbsup:

No...Don't get an 8 3/4 confused with a dana 60.....Just the numbers on the 489 case is all you have.......

Auto Transport Service
Back