• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pictures on Private Conversations

And it's 'really' cold for what....4 months?
Mainly January and February are the coldest. I suppose that December through March would be uncomfortable for you folks down there in the tropics. Our igloos start to melt in April.

Our igloos start to melt in April.
A Gold Membership takes 12 months to thaw out completely. :thumbsup:

upload_2021-11-30_13-2-38.png

Mainly January and February are the coldest. I suppose that December through March would be uncomfortable for you folks down there in the tropics. Our igloos start to melt in April.
It's 60 out right now and it ain't T-shirt weather anymore lol

Well, there's one guy I know of that is trying to hammer me for "starting a political thread in the GF".....the 'chicken' thread to be exact.....and there's another that said it was bound for the PF but he didn't make any political posts nor did he attack any other members.....

If you think about it, there are so many current events/subjects/topics that one could write which could be construed as political if one wants to think it to that extreme; ie, gas prices, taxes, food prices, moving from a particular location, supply chain issues, robberies, shootings, all sorts of current events, etc. Personally, I would hate to think that the board lords here would take things to that level and make someone a marked man should one make an innocent statement.

That all said, I get it that board lords have a tough and (mostly) thankless job and I do thank all of you for the great job that you do.

It's 60 out right now and it ain't T-shirt weather anymore lol
60 degrees would be T-shirt weather up here. It has been sitting right at the freezing mark during the day up here for the last few days. Likely -5 through the night.

If you think about it, there are so many current events/subjects/topics that one could write which could be construed as political if one wants to think it to that extreme; ie, gas prices, taxes, food prices, moving from a particular location, supply chain issues, robberies, shootings, all sorts of current events, etc. Personally, I would hate to think that the board lords here would take things to that level and make someone a marked man should one make an innocent statement

That all said, I get it that board lords have a tough and (mostly) thankless job and I do thank all of you for the great job that you do.
That's mostly taken into consideration but then there are the ones that constantly take it to an upper level that shouldn't be mentioned off of the PF......

Weren't we talking about this kind of stuff on another thread? Somebody makes a comment and the conversation goes political. One check by your name Dick!
Just want to make sure that if someone "likes" a comment by RC aka DH and he gets a check by his name for said comment that I am still in good standing ?
Asking for a friend.

60 degrees would be T-shirt weather up here. It has been sitting right at the freezing mark during the day up here for the last few days. Likely -5 through the night.
I used to live up in 'Masshole' and remember pulling off my jacket because I was sweating when the temp was 40. Also remember the blizzards and ice storms and dad having to dig out the car. Well.....not for me anymore but the heat and humidity here in the summer is getting a bit unbearable. I need to move away from the 'great' Gulf Coast now that I'm in my 70's....

seventh_seal_feast.gif

Here, here for the bored lords...err I mean board lords!!!

Seriously, we do appreciate what the mods do!
:thumbsup:

I used to live up in 'Masshole' and remember pulling off my jacket because I was sweating when the temp was 40. Also remember the blizzards and ice storms and dad having to dig out the car. Well.....not for me anymore but the heat and humidity here in the summer is getting a bit unbearable. I need to move away from the 'great' Gulf Coast now that I'm in my 70's....

Now that I'm older (but not as ancient as you), I understand why people from the northeast go south for the winter. When I get to be an overripe fossil like you, maybe I'll go south for the winter, but only from the first of January to the end of March. All that heat, humidity and flat boring landscape just aint for me.

Now that I'm older (but not as ancient as you), I understand why people from the northeast go south for the winter. When I get to be an overripe fossil like you, maybe I'll go south for the winter, but only from the first of January to the end of March. All that heat, humidity and flat boring landscape just aint for me.
The flat boring landscape depends on what part of 'down south' you go. If you like surfing in January, Galveston isn't bad if you can handle waves that ain't even close to waves on the west coast but the water isn't as cold. Used to surf during January (decent waves with the north wind glassing them) and stayed in the water because it was warmer than the air temp. Flat land....yup, it's flat here but about 200 miles west it's not so flat and there's even some low rise mountains not too far off in the state. There's all kinds of terrain here....just depends on what part you're in.

Gold is worth every penny. I just attached a video link and several pix to a private message. Works fine.

Thanks to Dave6T4 for asking the original question. I was wondering the same thing. I purchased an LD340 this past summer at a swap meet, and while researching it FABO, I found the original ad! I reached out the the seller, but couldn't attach a picture of it bead blasted to show him.

I get my geography lessons from HGTV. :lol:

I found out last night that Galveston is an island. :D
More of a big sand bar. Look up 1900 Galveston Hurricane. If it wasn't for the seawall being built right after, Galveston probably wouldn't be there. The 1900 storm pretty much took it out as it was.....

Cold? Because nobody in New York, Illinois or Massachusetts ever complained of snow in April...while I'm mowing my yard. :)

My lawnmower gets more use during the winter here in Victoria than in the summer.

Life in the Great Green North. :D

My lawnmower gets more use during the winter here in Victoria than in the summer.

Life in the Great Green North. :D
Did a little bit of touch up with my walk behind about a week ago but haven't fired up my garden tractor in nearly 3 weeks.....

Auto Transport Service
Back