• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pirate jack disc brake conversion

Randra

Local time
11:40 PM
Reaction score
I have installed the kit on my 68 Superbee. I bought pirate jack because it supposedly fits stock rims. Well it doesn't fit my stock steel rims but does fit a road wheel. Has anybody ran into this with a steel wheel and what was your solution? Also do you need to use the proportion valve in the kit?is it necessary?

Call pirate jack back you just spent good money on a kit. They have the answers and the solution to the problem. Maybe they sent you the wrong kit. Maybe need spacers on the hub or the portion valve needs installed or not. Does it have drums on the rear or power assist. Many questions but start with the partnumber of the kit and work it out from there.

To answer your question on the proportioning valve, If your car had four wheel drum and you upgrade to front discs, Yes, you need to replace the distribution block with the proportioning valve since it regulates the pressure you send to the rear brakes. The distribution block does not. It is important and necessary.

I have installed the kit on my 68 Superbee. I bought pirate jack because it supposedly fits stock rims. Well it doesn't fit my stock steel rims but does fit a road wheel. Has anybody ran into this with a steel wheel and what was your solution? Also do you need to use the proportion valve in the kit?is it necessary?
eck.. i hope you figure it out.. my front disc conversion kit is sitting here in boxes, getting ready to install soon and i have 14's (til i find some 15's that aren't crazy expensive)

P.S. if you don't use the prop valve send it this way.. i need that and a MC still :)

Admittedly I do not have experience with this kit on a B-body. But I did install the Pirate Jack kit on my A-body and recall that the kit specifically stated that it would not fit most or all cars with only 14" wheels. I seem to recall that it recommended/required 15" or larger wheels to clear the discs and calipers.

Admittedly I do not have experience with this kit on a B-body. But I did install the Pirate Jack kit on my A-body and recall that the kit specifically stated that it would not fit most or all cars with only 14" wheels. I seem to recall that it recommended/required 15" or larger wheels to clear the discs and calipers.
Guess i should have checked that :) Kills me how much 15" steel wheels go for now.. used to literally throw them away

Just went and looked at the kit page
"

Application Notes:

Fits Most 14" Rims "

Now the suspense is killin me :)

My stock 14" '62 wheels fit with the piratejacks kit... it's tight but no rubbing (still wanna switch to 15s if i find some rims though)

Could anyone that installed this kit with the braided stainless lines post a pic? My lines seem wayyy too long but it might just be me overthinking...

Not all factory 14" Mopar wheels fit the factory small rotor discs either. The wheel needs clearance for the caliper.

Top 14" will fit, bottom 14" hits. ( Yes they're different widths, I've tossed or sold all my 14x5's that didn't fit, and I had many.)
Front of rim...............................................Back side
IMG_2497.JPG

IMG_2498.JPG

Not all factory 14" Mopar wheels fit the factory small rotor discs either. The wheel needs clearance for the caliper.

Top 14" will fit, bottom 14" hits. ( Yes they're different widths, I've tossed or sold all my 14x5's that didn't fit, and I had many.)
Front of rim...............................................Back side
View attachment 1503326

View attachment 1503327
The style steel wheel on the bottom will not fit disc brakes.,,,, doesn't matter if 14x5 , 14x5.5 or 14x6
Look at the shape on the inside of the rim.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back