• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pissed Off Neighbors...Probable city ordinance violations...My 73 Satellite Thread

FROSTBITE

Local time
3:07 PM
Reaction score
Awhile back i posted about the trade i made for a 73 satellite.Wanted to start a progress thread in hopes of getting tech tips,tricks and ideas from every one. Also this is my first project doing body/paint work

IMG_20131108_183430_570.jpgIMG_20131108_190211_546.jpgIMG_20131104_180910_842.jpgIMG_20131110_115042_903.jpg1415529_10152369551123242_951390687_o.jpgIMG_20131107_212258_106.jpgIMG_20131107_212231_609.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20131108_195441_794.jpg
    IMG_20131108_195441_794.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,303
Nice job on saving another one. And I like the colour of that Charger too!

AMD makes that patch.

IIRC, Sherman does too.

I'm guessing ODZKing is referring to the posts' title, 'Pissed Off Neighbors...Probable city ordinance violations...My 73 Satellite Thread' when asking, "So, please explain."

At least that's what came to my mind...

Whoops, was having computer problems last night and didnt finish what i wanted to. Anywho, im the youngest guy in my neighborhood by far that is pretty much an all retirement community. Typically I have been working on my car from 6pm to as late as 12am... yeah my neighbors hate me. I have been doing alot of grinding lately, i even get ugly looks everytime im just firing up my charger to back it out. As the City ordinance, was just to help make a catchy title...im sure at some point during this project my neighbors will turn me in for something stupid.

As for the quarter panel it is AMD i got it from Tamraz on ebay, however as i was shopping i found out AMD stopped production recently on these and most places didnt actually stock the item. So its a little difficult already to find. I honestly didnt have the money to buy one yet, but i decided to forgo groceries for the week and get one before they become even harder to find.

Yeah, I know what it's like to be one of the youngest in the neighborhood but now, I'm one of the oldest lol. However, even when I was younger, I didn't like listening to a bunch of noise after about 9 pm or so. And you have to be aware that old farts only put up with so much :D But why did you move into a neighborhood that was full of old farts to start with!? :laughing6:

I thought the AMD patch panels were just for a little before and aft of the wheel well. I didn't think they made a full-length one like that.

Ah, I know what that is like from my old neighbohood.
However, when I work on my car outside I have and outbreak or turettes occasionally.
As anyone with a classic car knows, I'm sure.
I can see all the neighbors yanking the kids indoors saying, "c'mon kids:argue:, Bob is working on his car ... it's time to come inside now"

Host a neighborhood BBQ, show them what your doing, explain that you're restoring history. Draw them out, ask what their favorite car was, etc. Also offer to help them, even if it's just carrying groceries in. It will probably do wonders.

Host a neighborhood BBQ, show them what your doing, explain that you're restoring history. Draw them out, ask what their favorite car was, etc. Also offer to help them, even if it's just carrying groceries in. It will probably do wonders.

Yeah was thinking about doing somthing like that, matter of fact i got a shiny new snow blower i was going to use to clean a generous amount of sidewalk off after it snows this winter.

Try a little harder at keeping the noise down after 9, its sooo hard to quit when your on a roll. Sounds like some of you speak from experience lol.

Hey frostbite! I feel your pain. I live on a semi retirement estate, but neighbours are mostly good. Couple of occasions when I've had to break in new camshafts. y'know 20 mins of revving to 3000rpm through not much exhaust. I wait until it rained to dampen the noise and check if my neighbours car is off the drive and they're out someplace.
They seem to appreciate it I threw a 'open garage' afternoon to celebrate my new garage and they all turned up!!
Best go and blow that snow away!

- - - Updated - - -

..and on a less fun note I see that AMD no longer list that lower quarter repair panel. Shame, I need those.

Hey frostbite! I feel your pain. I live on a semi retirement estate, but neighbours are mostly good. Couple of occasions when I've had to break in new camshafts. y'know 20 mins of revving to 3000rpm through not much exhaust. I wait until it rained to dampen the noise and check if my neighbours car is off the drive and they're out someplace.
They seem to appreciate it I threw a 'open garage' afternoon to celebrate my new garage and they all turned up!!
Best go and blow that snow away!

- - - Updated - - -

..and on a less fun note I see that AMD no longer list that lower quarter repair panel. Shame, I need those.

Get them while these guys still have them, 300 bucks shipped
http://www.ebay.com/itm/73-74-Plymo...sories&fits=Make:Plymouth&hash=item5af2e2a907

I can see all the neighbors yanking the kids indoors saying, "c'mon kids:argue:, Bob is working on his car ... it's time to come inside now"

I sometimes have that problem with my automotive-induced tourettes (glad to know I'm not the only one.) I think the neighbors are afraid I'll teach the kids new words, but with kids today, I might at best teach new arrangements of the old ones :)

It does make me realize though just how lucky I am...the neighbors sometimes get miffed, but the older lady next door keeps telling me how much she loves hearing the sound of my old cars running, and that someone still works on cars around here, one man right across the street has a restored '57 Chevy, and on the other side is a restored Model-A Tudor...so most of my neighbors "get it."

I try to keep the noise down after around 9-10P, but yeah, sometimes you're on a roll and it's hard to stop...other times you look up and it's 2AM about 10 minutes after it was 7PM....

Couple of occasions when I've had to break in new camshafts. y'know 20 mins of revving to 3000rpm through not much exhaust. I wait until it rained to dampen the noise and check if my neighbours car is off the drive and they're out someplace.

I kept my manifolds and original exhaust behind the shed and slapped it all back on (minus the tailpipe) when I did my cam break-in. It was a bit of extra work...even had to weld the Y-pipe back together after sawing it off during the tear down. 20 minutes is a long time to expect the neighbors to put up with an open exhaust IMO.

I have really great neighbors and they too enjoy hearing the sound of the big block come to life. The couple across the street have nicknamed my car "Thunder".

I do try to keep all the noise contained somewhat and try to respect everyone's time and only make noise during "normal" hours. It also helps to take the neighbors for rides every now and then, the guy across the street loves to do burnouts! I normally hear "I remember when....."

One of my neighbors has a 2000 sq/ft two story garage, owns a mildly built 78 C3 corvette, and does mechanic work on the side. He and I are going to the Zepherhills swap meet on Sat.

Guy on the other side has two diesel trucks, and runs a compressor frequently.

Across the street, one guy has a 454 powered boat.

I'm actually fairly tame compared to these guys.

We all wait until after 9:00 am on the weekends to start anything loud, and try to be done with loud stuff by 9:00 pm on week nights and 10:00 or so on week ends.

I live in a great neighborhood as a whole. When I fired up the new 451 at about 8pm to break in the cam and check for leaks, all the neighbors came over except 1 couple. I had known them since high school, not friends just knew them. We had lived here 5 years and they never had a problem asking for my help with house or car issues. All of a sudden 2 squads pulled up, they got out and started laughing. We started talking and they loved the car. They said they heard it 3 blocks away and loved it. I found out from my other neighbors who called(guess who), I saw Becky the next week and said can you believe some a**holes called the cops on me last week. She says I saw them and wondered who did that? I said I'll find out and when I do I won't be helping those a**holes anymore. She just said it didn't bother us. All the other neighbors got a big laugh out of that.

Auto Transport Service
Back