• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pistols are much louder than rifles :D

CB caps are really quite in a bolt action rifle. Sounds like one of those little tissue poppers you throw on the floor.

I shot a few ground hogs in the city with them, a neck shot from above would do the trick. My wife was downstairs and never heard it.
Haven't been able to find any of those around here lately

Thought about making a silencer years ago, but......
2 ltr soda bottle taped on
with a hole in the end, so it doesn't blow up in your face
can't use the sights very well that way :poke:

I used to go out and shoot armadillos at night that were tearing up my yard. I first bought a .22 Sheridan pellet rifle but one night my neighbor called me over to finish off one he had wounded with a .22 rifle so as to hopefully not disturb the neighbors. I pumped about 5 pellets into that damn thing with a lot of pumping before it finally stopped moving. So I decided I needed to up my game and got a box of subsonic, hollow point .22 shorts and loaded them single shot fashion in my .22 Ruger auto. First armadillo I got a bead on and popped with this just collapsed. Little hole going in but a half dollar size one or larger coming out. They were deadly at close range - I would have to sneak up behind them to where I could shoot down on them so if the bullet exited, and it usually did, it would bury in the ground. But I was surprised - I think that .22 pellet rifle with about 4 or 5 pumps was pretty much as loud as the .22 shorts in my Ruger. They wouldn’t cycle in the Ruger so it was strictly a single shot deal.

I don't know what you're talking about. :)
20210112_163932.jpg

Hunting - 7mm Magnum.
Home Def - Mossberg 18" + Sig 9mm and S&W Shield 9mm

All's quiet on the Western Front.....

get ahold of Silincer Central they will do all the forms/registration
& stuff for ya, if you are legal, it is a bit of a hassle
But, in Texas shouldn't be a big deal
But they ain't cheap !!! as much as a gun in many cases...
but;
if you want to hunt without scaring every animal in a 2 mile radius
or plink on the property or at the range, or just not piss off everyone
or especially in an indoor facility (most require ear protection anyway)
can't beat em' helps with recoil tramendously too

Magnaporting is cool too, not really any quiter,
it does cut down 50% or more recoil, front of the gun going up
makes for far better acuracy
but also makes for a great light show at night
if you have a threaded barrel, you can get a muzzle break too
great at night too
That’s who I went to, before my boating accident.

Auto Transport Service
Back