• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pitman arm question

Loulang

Local time
4:05 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the pitman arm on my 66 charger only goes on one way? Just wondering if I could take it off and move it a few teeth. Just wondering if anyone knows so I don’t take her apart for no reason. Steering wheel is off and I don’t wanna take it to alignment shop if I don’t have to she drives straight as she is. Thanks in advance

It only goes on one way. You center the steering by adjusting the tie rods. Make one longer and the other shorter the exact same number of turns.

It has 4 master splines, so you can move it 1/4 turn. Bit that won’t work at all so it basically goes on one way.

Have the alignment done. My car drove straight, didn't wander and the toe was off a little. Made a difference in the way it drives.

20230304_085508.jpg

Have the alignment done. My car drove straight, didn't wander and the toe was off a little. Made a difference in the way it drives.

View attachment 1438424
Nice car, I’m gonna after I get some other things done. Just got done with sniper system and tank and all the plumbing done. Having some weird electrical problem in the dash I have to figure out.

Auto Transport Service
Back