• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please help me understand this fender tag ( 69 SuperBee )

JC Childress

Local time
12:43 AM
Reaction score
I am looking at this car and would love more info from this fender tag. What I have gathered is its 383 with 4 speed and its T5 in color. I would like to know which wheels came on it, what the rear gear is supposed to be, is it a 18 or 23 spline trans, did they ever come with a grill painted black, is it supposed to have the Ramcharger dual scoops, is it supposed to have the side scoops and anything this may tell. Is it a fairly common car ? Is it rare ? I appreciate any and all help.

This is the only pic I have. I haven't gone to look at the car yet.

Thanks so much.

712.jpg

Last edited:
I'm having a little trouble reading the fender tag in that picture, could you put up one that makes it a little clearer?
And you may want to take down your number before the admins come through and reprimand you

It is a Lynch Road tag. Some of your questions can be answered others will need the build sheet. LR tags were primarily for the construction of the body shell, paint, and engine/axle combinations. The LR tags did not designate other options like the other plant tags did.

Line 1: WM23 - Coronet, Medium Price Class, Hardtop
E63 - 383 Engine
D21 - 4 Speed Transmission
C31 - Scheduled Production Date 12/31/68
06633? - Vehicle Order Number (VON)

Line 2: T5 - Color Top, Copper Metallic
T5 – Body Color, Copper Metallic
M6T- Bucket Seat Interior, Tan
T7 – Upper Door Frame Color, Dark Bronze Poly

Line 3: 8X – Tail Stripe, Black
N96 – Ramcharger Hood

Line 4: 26 – 26 inch Radiator Yoke

Line 5: 925 – 383 4bbl, Manual Transmission, 335hp
591 - 3.55 s/g, 8 3/4, 10" rear drums - front disc (A36 Pkg)
603 - 833 4-speed Manual, 383-4BBL engine, (23 spline)

Line 6: 2? – Gate Number
136 – 36th Car through gate that day
201192 – Body in White Sequence Number
9A – 1969 Model Year, Lynch Road Plant
200067 – 100067th VIN assigned this model year.

Is it rare? No. Unique? Yes. This is the best I can do with the information you provided.

D

Last edited:
69_Bee.jpg

Let's start with a pic we can see...

69 super Bee built at the Lynch Road Plant (WM23H9A200064)
383 -four speed (E63 and D21 codes; 925 engine assembly = B body 383-335 horse with four speed)
T5 Bronze in color
Tan bucket seats (M6T)
Scheduled production date of C31 (December 31, 1968)
Built for sale in the US (VON starts with a "0" instead of a B)

26 inch radiator because of the 591 rear Axle code (A36 3.55 gears with SG package)
383 cars got the 23 spline transmission. (603)
N96 Ramcharger hood

Wheels are not coded on the tag. Should have a black grill.
Side scoops not coded on LR tag.

About 1,267 69 WM23 383 Bees came with the A36. No breakdown of manual Vs automatic.

Yeah, it's a neat find but Common? Rare? No way to know, not really and, frankly, irrelevant.

Last edited:
It is a Lynch Road tag. Some of your questions can be answered others will need the build sheet. LR tags were primarily for the construction of the body shell, paint, and engine/axle combinations. The LR tags did not designate other options like the other plant tags did.

E63 - 383 Engine
C31 - Scheduled Production Date 12/31/69

N96 – Ramcharger Hood

Is it rare? No. Unique? Yes. This is the best I can do with the information you provided.

D
Thanks so much. You have no idea how much that helps. I can't help but ask two questions: What does it mean by having a different color on the upper door frame ? You said its not rare, but is unique...why ? Thanks so much

Thanks so much. You have no idea how much that helps. I can't help but ask two questions: What does it mean by having a different color on the upper door frame ? You said its not rare, but is unique...why ? Thanks so much

The inner upper door frames are metal and painted to match the interior trim. Mopar just used a different shade inside.

Is the broadcast sheet available to confirm other options like power equipment, scoops, etc?

E63 - 383 Engine
C31 - Scheduled Production Date 12/31/69

N96 – Ramcharger Hood

D

D,

I'm pretty sure it's gate 23.

Disc brakes with A36?
SPD?

Last edited:
D,

I'm pretty sure it's gate 23.

Disc brakes with A36?
SPD?

I need to dig into the disc brake question. It would be great if the OP had the build sheet or could verify the type of front brakes.

SPD C31 = 12/31/68....always mess that one up. Gate is one of 3 numbers 23, 25, or 28.

Pretty sure the VIN is 200067. JC - chime in with the answers to the questions we have.

D

I need to dig into the disc brake question. It would be great if the OP had the build sheet or could verify the type of front brakes.

SPD C31 = 12/31/68....always mess that one up. Gate is one of 3 numbers 23, 25, or 28.

Pretty sure the VIN is 200067. JC - chime in with the answers to the questions we have.

D

Not saying the car doesn't have disc brakes but discs were standard with A32 and A34 4:10 cars. Not with A31 (3:91), A33 (3.54) or A36 (3:55) packages.

Looking at my stuff, gate 25 would be R*23 cars.

Gate 23 and 28 are plausible but to me it looks like the lower left of the numeral is open so I went with 23. It's a crap shoot with that picture. Nobody but you or I really care anyway. LOL ;)

I can see a vertical line and tail on the right side making me think it was a 4 but comparing the slant of a 7 and 4, I now believe you are right.

D
I have no idea. I've never seen the car in person. I've only seen pics. Its a car thats been stored for over twenty years. Paint is pretty good, and it starts and runs good. Is it worth $10,000. ?

It is nearly impossible to give a value without seeing pictures. As soon as you get some, please post them.

D

Gate 23 and 28 are plausible but to me it looks like the lower left of the numeral is open so I went with 23. It's a crap shoot with that picture. Nobody but you or I really care anyway. LOL ;)

LOL, for sure.....

I have no idea. I've never seen the car in person. I've only seen pics. Its a car thats been stored for over twenty years. Paint is pretty good, and it starts and runs good. Is it worth $10,000. ?

JC - As you can see, there are a few things we would like to clear up on this car. Please request the build sheet if it has one. If not, ask if the car has 10 inch rear drums and front disc brakes. I suspect it does after reading more on this topic.

D

JC - The 591 code is what makes it unique, hence the reason for asking for the build sheet.

Edit - After looking closely at the tag, I think it is a 594 axle code which would decode as: 3.55 s/g, 8 3/4, 11" rear & front drums (A36 Pkg).

D

Heres another question on this car ( I know its been repainted blue ). Is this how the grill should look from the factory ? Most I see are silver. Also, how can I find what wheels came on this car ?

20160704_101843.jpg

New Years Eve build? Better than a New Years Day build.

Heres another question on this car ( I know its been repainted blue ). Is this how the grill should look from the factory ? Most I see are silver. Also, how can I find what wheels came on this car ?

No, the grille did not look like that from the factory. It looks like someone inverted the colors. See attached photo for grille details.

With a LR car, there is no way to know what wheels came with the car unless you have the build sheet. A day one picture would also point you in the right direction.

D
Front 1 W.jpg

If I end up getting this car, and the build sheet is no longer under the seat, is all hope gone to get one ?

If that happens, what we're the wheel options ? Magnum 500's and steel wheels ? Would the steel wheels be body color or black ? Did they ever come with dog dish centers or any center ?

Thanks so much for all the help.

image.jpeg
Run what you like. Mine is a Lynch Road car buld 5/28/69. Could have been steelies. These look like 72 Centers and have been on the car since purchased in 1988. Keeping them cause I like them and am often told that they are wrong.

If I end up getting this car, and the build sheet is no longer under the seat, is all hope gone to get one ?

If that happens, what we're the wheel options ? Magnum 500's and steel wheels ? Would the steel wheels be body color or black ? Did they ever come with dog dish centers or any center ?

Thanks so much for all the help.

All V8 1969 Dodge Coronet models came with 14 inch steel wheels and the center hub cap (dog dish) standard, except wagons. You had to option up from there with either a wheel cover or W21 rim. See attached literature.

At the end of the day, use what you like. It is your car.

D

1969 Model Lineup 1.jpg

1969 Model Lineup 3.jpg

1969 Model Lineup 5.jpg

1969 Model Lineup Options 3.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back