• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please Help! Rocker Chrome Trim installation w/ new hardware....

Michael Harmon

Local time
11:01 PM
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how the heck these fasteners are supposed to work. I know they are not replicas of the originals, but they are still supposed to work. I can't figure out how they are supposed to be used.....Please Help!

Mike

20210506_081553.jpg

Does your car have screw holes in the rocker panels?
Pull the clips out so we can see them, and can tell you top from bottom.

The clips retain the top edge of the rocker trim. The bottom edge of the rocker trim is held on by screws the go in up from underneath the rocker.

Does your car have screw holes in the rocker panels?
Pull the clips out so we can see them, and can tell you top from bottom.

The clips retain the top edge of the rocker trim. The bottom edge of the rocker trim is held on by screws the go in up from underneath the rocker.

I would add that there is a long chrome screw that goes in the leading edge at the top and screws into the body
My factory trim had the holes the reproduction did not
I had to add them.
You could probably go with out them but they do add a bit of safety by pulling the leading edge into the body closer

I would add that there is a long chrome screw that goes in the leading edge at the top and screws into the body
My factory trim had the holes the reproduction did not
I had to add them.
You could probably go with out them but they do add a bit of safety by pulling the leading edge into the body closer
Not all cars had the front retaining screw. Seems 66 cars didn’t have it. But I have a 705 SPD 1967 Car that doesn’t have the front screws either. Car has been repainted and the rocker trim was taped off not removed.

My charger friend says 66’s didn’t have the screw.

My 66 has the screw
and I have owned it long enough to know its factory

Jim Rodebaugh had over 100 66-7 Chargers if I remember correctly. He said there didn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to when screws were used or not. The December built 67 that we have had since 1970 doesn’t have screw holes. Some 66`s we have did have screw holes.

The plastic piece. The bump, pin, goes into the upper hole and the screw into the lower hole on the rocker. Once all clips are installed hang the molding on them and put the last 2 screws at each end at the bottom. I have heard that the aftermarket clips have issues.

Auto Transport Service
Back