• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Please S T O P saying this" thread.

general motors?

ford motor company?

American motors?

Motor trend?

Motor head?

Beat me to it, but...

"enginecycle" just sounds sooo wrong.

When we misuse words long enough they are no longer wrong.

Kern Dog--you have a never ending job.:D

"engine" is not as restrictive as some might think.

Ever heard of a "siege engine"?

Stop saying Ow.......
anigif_enhanced-buzz-26845-1390062041-12.gif

Should I be prosecuted (leading) to a sentence that makes no cents (for me) by using words in a sentence that is indended to make sense because I want to make cents from righting the idea of using words properly to make dollars?

My moter needs a toon up when it comes to righting.

Last edited:
Okay I've got one that grinds my gears. I get irritated enough when I see terrible ads for cars out there. You know the ones.. one or two horribly shot pictures, or better yet pictures of pictures.. and a couple sentences of barely intelligible writing. Then an astronomical price and "no lowballers or joyriders" or something similar.

Well those half-assed ads are horrible in their own right, but I really dislike seeing people write "with all the goodies" in their ad, because what the f@cking hell does that mean?!? That tells me even less than jack sh!t. It tells me you're a lazy ***, a possible knowitall who doesn't know much, and/or you don't even know what you're selling.

Stop saying this crap and just post what your car has in it if you want "no lowballers". Sheesh.

Has anyone ever seen an ad that welcomes LOW ballers?

No only card rooms...

When we misuse words long enough they are no longer wrong.

Kern Dog--you have a never ending job.:D

I wish that I could ignore everything that annoys me. I don't run around looking for things to complain about. I'm aware of my own faults, by the way. I do not claim to be an expert on anything. I just see people being lazy while slowly the language gets sloppy and ignorant.
Yes, most of the time I do understand what a person means when they say Pobly, prolly, dizzy, Chally, tranny, to, too, two, lose, loose, etc.
Also, enough of the "wont be down for breakfast".
Literally, these people may have never lived in a two story house. They may have eaten breakfast in a car, not at a table. They may have skipped breakfast.
Someone recently announced that Castro won't be smoking any more cigars. BRILLIANT ! Now THIS took some wit and originality. This is great. I suggest we build on that for whomever passes away next.
John Glenn has had his last rocket ride, his next trip in space....Heaven.
See?

Maybe I expect too much from my fellow man.
Come on...we voted in TRUMP. We can do this.

I wish that I could ignore everything that annoys me. I don't run around looking for things to complain about. I'm aware of my own faults, by the way. I do not claim to be an expert on anything. I just see people being lazy while slowly the language gets sloppy and ignorant.
Yes, most of the time I do understand what a person means when they say Pobly, prolly, dizzy, Chally, tranny, to, too, two, lose, loose, etc.
Also, enough of the "wont be down for breakfast".
Literally, these people may have never lived in a two story house. They may have eaten breakfast in a car, not at a table. They may have skipped breakfast.
Someone recently announced that Castro won't be smoking any more cigars. BRILLIANT ! Now THIS took some wit and originality. This is great. I suggest we build on that for whomever passes away next.
John Glenn has had his last rocket ride, his next trip in space....Heaven.
See?

Hey Kern---I can go from one room to another and come back and wonder if I have turned completly around by doing so. If I think I may have indeed turned a 360 in that trek all I need to do to make the world right again is to spin once to unwind.:D
OCD actually happens to everyone-every day.
What I like about you is that you don't shy from your affliction. I share it with you. I obsess with spell check and fall short frequently. It is not because I fear hearing from you.:). Cheers.

I read many of the same things you read and see lots of flaws that happen. I see them like flashing lights as you seem to.

When I was young I needed to learn the language of the world. I was scammed. --Never told that it was a moving target.--
All I can do now is give in when I need to speak. But when I go into the kitchen and come back I -WILL not be wound up:lol:

BTW I just edited this post.---I had to--And I do feel better by doing so.:p

Last edited:
OCD. Yeah, If I were a kid today I would probably be put on Adderol or some drug to keep from annoying my parents.
On the subject of being annoying:
Sometimes I am annoying on purpose, just to see what sort of reaction that I might get.
Many times, maybe even most of the time, I am annoying on accident.

I see crooked pictures on walls and am compelled to straighten them. Its not as if I go into convulsions seeing imperfections, I just see mistakes that are the result of laziness that would never occur if people took more pride in themselves.

Okay, I'll admit that I actually arrange tater tots in a grid pattern before baking them. I arrange my tools before a task so I can find them easily.
At work, I arrange materials and place them in the order that I will need them. I try to avoid making trips empty handed: If I'm walking toward the toilet, I'll look for something that needs to be moved in that direction.
To add, I don't like clutter either. A messy, UNorganized garage or house gets to me. The wife is totally UNbothered with clutter so I find myself either cleaning up her mess or fighting the intense urge to criticize her. She is so great in every other way so I feel petty saying anything about it.
I'm trying to be more patient and understanding. Some people you know are probably like me but better at hiding it. :eek:

OCD. Yeah, If I were a kid today I would probably be put on Adderol or some drug to keep from annoying my parents.
Sometimes I am annoying on purpose, just to see what sort of reaction that I might get.

I see crooked pictures on walls and am compelled to straighten them. Its not as if I go into convulsions seeing imperfections, I just see mistakes that are the result of laziness that would never occur if people took more pride in themselves.

Okay, I'll admit that I actually arrange tater tots in a grid pattern before baking them. I arrange my tools before a task so I can find them easily.
At work, I arrange materials and place them in the order that I will need them. I try to avoid making trips empty handed: If I'm walking toward the toilet, I'll look for something that needs to be moved in that direction.
To add, I don't like clutter either. A messy, UNorganized garage or house gets to me. The wife is totally UNbothered with clutter so I find myself either cleaning up her mess or fighting the intense urge to criticize her. She is so great in every other way so I feel petty saying anything about it.
I'm trying to be more patient and understanding. Some people you know are probably like me but better at hiding it. :eek:

What is there to hide?--you are us--you speak but most don't.

Not wanting to put you down , but hasn't these traits been known as " ****"? If I understand that term correctly....................MO

Auto Transport Service
Back