• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Please S T O P saying this" thread.

ads for guitars where the ad writer (or the forum/paper) automatically assumes the writer meant "chords" instead of "cords".

You need a cord to plug it it...that's most likely what it comes with.

It could not possibly come with "all chords", even though the guitar was in fact designed in part because the piano "did not have enough notes/keys"

My 'vert is over there.
No, it is not. Shortening a word does not always make sense and THIS one sucks.

Stop saying "I don't disagree". You either agree or disagree...or maybe you just don't care? :rolleyes:

STOP cussing and swearing in a public forum. Everyone's vocabulary is capable of expressing an idea without resorting to crude shock tactics. IMHO.
BTW, STOP using abreviations like those. I don't approve of them either. LMAO.
(Appologies for the above crudeness)

People still confuse hubcaps and wheel covers for some reason.

You have "mags"? Your wheels look like they are made from an aluminum alloy to me, not magnesium.

It's Cordoba, not Cordova.

The Philosophy of Words
(So to Speak)
  • Why isn't phonetics spelled phonetically?
  • Why are there Braille signs at the drive-through windows at the bank?
  • If a deaf kid swears, does his mom wash his hands with soap?
  • What's another word for synonym?
  • Why do we drive on a parkway but park in a driveway?
  • Isn't it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do "practice?"
  • Where do forest rangers go to "get away from it all?"
  • Is it possible to be "totally partial?"
  • Would a fly that loses its wings be called a "walk?"
  • If a turtle loses its shell is it naked or homeless?
  • If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • If people can have triplets and quadruplets why not singlets and doublets?
  • Is Atheism a non-prophet organization.
  • I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where is the self-help section?" She said that if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.
  • Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?
  • Why don't you ever see the headline, "Psychic Wins Lottery"?
  • Why is "abbreviated" such a long word?
  • Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor and dishwashing liquid made with real lemons?
  • Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?
  • Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?
  • Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
  • If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?
  • If flying is so safe, why is the airport called 'terminal'?
Authors: Some are from George Carlin and Stephen Wright; others are unknown
Contributors: Wanda Wilson & John Masher

https://www.alphadictionary.com/fun/philosophical.html

The word "Mags" sounds cool to me but Delta is right. Magnesium wheels have not been made for several years. As I recall, they were banned because in the event of a failure, they threw sparks that could ignite fuel and start fires.

Stop saying it's a "mute" point when it's a "moot" point.

If it was a "mute" point, then why keep talking about it? :p

This isn't about semantics. As people interested in Chryslers, we speak a jargon of sorts. These terms are dictated by common use and the engineers who designed the systems used on our cars. Therefore, I will never attempt to put a "posi" in my 8 3/4 differential. Nor will I talk about "hubs" when I mean wheels. "Rims", I mean really!

Our edumacation system is failing. Children of the United States sue your principal!

I blame the marketing departments. They will do anything and everything to twist and manipulate truth, jargon, and whatnot to increase sales over brand x, y, and z.

Obfuscation!

"Obfuscating you is the nature of my game".
Sympathy for the...(?)

I think the general public would call us car nerds and just tell us to "not get wrapped around the axle". :rolleyes:

How about these annoying catch phrases: "dog's out of the room'', "don't hate on my corn", "see you on the bubble", "motivate your chops", (he or she's a real) zero dialer", "just wavin' laces" etc...

Auto Transport Service
Back