• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Please S T O P saying this" thread.

How is "duh" properly used?
Is this question rhetorical?

The Wife and I watch a few TV shows together. Blue Bloods is one of them. I have noticed that all too often, when a TV Detective arrives on a crime scene, they always say What do we got ?
You GOT no imagination. Try saying something new.

Don't know if these have been covered, but here are 2 more pet peeves.

"7 am in the morning" please either say 7 am or 7 in the morning, but not fucken 7 am in the morning!!! We know am means in the morning!!!

then there is "me, personally" if you say "me" we know it is personally! So please say "in my opinion", "for me", "as far as I am concerned", or "personally"

I think I'll be the first on this one, but I'm tired already of "...and never looked back".

I see it now used to embellish the most trivial actions.

"I cleaned up the baby's puke, and never looked back".

What is an "ATM machine"? -- An automatic teller machine machine? (spell check spanked me for writing it out):)

VIN number = Vehicle identification number number.
ATM machine = Automated teller machine machine.
HOT water heater = A water heater that heats water that is already hot.
FBI investigation = Federal Bureau of Investigation investigation.
Well if you ask me...
At the end of the day...
You aint all that...

My biggest gripe is the use of “I feel” vs “I think”. If it’s not attached to your body... you don’t feel anything. Damn millennials can’t figure out if they’re using their brains (most don’t) or their fragile little emotions..... drives me insane....

What really gets my goat is the expression is really "get my goad" :p

"I'm going to ask you a rhetorical question, for which I don't need an answer."

Thanks for not asking/stating "you know what I mean".

For that one, my response is usually--"I hear you talking".

A popular phrase lately....It must mean "I understand" is.......I feel you.
Please, don't feel me. At all. I don't want men or even women touching me unless I'm getting a massage.

"and I was like" -- and then "he was like"-- and finally we both were "like"??

One of my favorite Homer Simpson lines-

"Do I know what a rhetorical question is?"

After reading all this, I find my conversations will be limited. Catch my drift..........

I'm annoyed more and more by stuff on TV. One in particular is the local morning news ding dongs saying "Happy Wednesday" or "Happy Saturday", etc... when they come back after every commercial. Just say "Good Morning", for crying out loud! The days of the week are not holidays!

When describing something, adding, "right" at the end of the sentence.
These two guys were talking, right?
I don't know. If I knew you wouldn't need to tell me about it, right?

Auto Transport Service
Back