• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Please S T O P saying this" thread.

When someone throws in 'blah blah blah' in the conversation like they don't have anymore words to describe what they want to say...

When someone throws in 'blah blah blah' in the conversation like they don't have anymore words to describe what they want to say...
I agree...yadda yadda yadda
:rolleyes:

A friend of mine recently developed this annoying habit. We went to L.A. and back a couple months ago and he did this at least 30 times.

Not a racist rant, but a certain segment of the population that puts “...ya know what I’m sayin’” in literally every sentence like it’s the period at the end of a sentence. Sometimes that IS the sentence. I laughed at one interviewer that snapped at a guy he was interviewing. He finally just exploded and shouted “I don’t know what you’re saying! Just say it!”
Your point is taken and I agree! Some of this is about proper English, the rest is just catch phrases or slang that many think have just been over used. I believe just about everyone has a phrase or go to line that we use when just out having fun. For me, twenty years or less from now it's not going to matter, just sayin! LOL:poke::luvplace:

I started putting "basically" into sentences. Wife pointed it out, took some effort to LIKE stop. One of my daughters is a like over user. Haven't look at this thread much but the last couple pages has some entertainment in them.

I use but to much, but, that's just me!! I'm to old to change and I can live with that.

Not a racist rant, but a certain segment of the population that puts “...ya know what I’m sayin’” in literally every sentence like it’s the period at the end of a sentence. Sometimes that IS the sentence. I laughed at one interviewer that snapped at a guy he was interviewing. He finally just exploded and shouted “I don’t know what you’re saying! Just say it!”
I'm sure everyone's seen it, but.....

Anyhoo, getting back to basics, blah blah yadda yadda....I was thinking outside the box when I came upon this in a newish member's thread....

A thread about repairing some wiring using a soldering iron. Being an Electrician, I was intrigued to see the technique deployed.

As I listened to the commentary, I soon became acutely aware that there was a problem.
Apparently this fellow thought there was a silent "l' in soldering.....so he was soddering his wires.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that was illegal in at least 42 States.

Undeterred, I sought out similar videos on U-Toob, and sure enough, every one I listened to made by an American used the same word.

So what's the dealio here? :elmer:

:lol:

Anyhoo, getting back to basics, blah blah yadda yadda....I was thinking outside the box when I came upon this in a newish member's thread....

A thread about repairing some wiring using a soldering iron. Being an Electrician, I was intrigued to see the technique deployed.

As I listened to the commentary, I soon became acutely aware that there was a problem.
Apparently this fellow thought there was a silent "l' in soldering.....so he was soddering his wires.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that was illegal in at least 42 States.

Undeterred, I sought out similar videos on U-Toob, and sure enough, every one I listened to made by an American used the same word.

L-is silent...
or it just blends into the d, when pronounced "Merican"

soddering :poke: illegal in at least 42 states, I like that
is Tenn. included ?

:luvplace:
sort of like the extra e or u (or Y ?) youz' guyz'
that speak the 'queens English', do :D

We don't pronounce the L. Just another one our little ways of rebelling against the Queen and her English!:D

We don't pronounce the L. Just another one our little ways of rebelling against the Queen and her English!:D
Oh well......

5u2nnm.jpg

I guess I find that as funny as you guys do with 'faggots' :D

Some Americans butcher the language and revel in their ignorance when they are corrected.

This drives KD nuts :D

I don't try to be annoyed by it, it comes naturally. I have to actively try to avoid responding to it.

Auto Transport Service
Back