• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Please S T O P saying this" thread.

Please stop saying that- "It has been fact-checked"--Nonsense can never be vindicated just by arbitrary dismission.

The whole “fact check” issue really picked up momentum when injustices were being uncovered and announced.

The whole “fact check” issue really picked up momentum when injustices were being uncovered and announced.

And the result/evolution of the meaning of being "fact check" has lost meaningful value. -A fact now is an assumption. And everyone has a "fact" that they eliminate daily from the sources that fed them.

How about this.....
STOP writing "To" when it is supposed to be "TOO".
I went to the store and the gas station too.
Too many dudes write stuff like:
*The timing is to advanced.
*My brakes are to soft.
I see other frequent mistakes like.....
*Their goes a fast car. (There)
*My breaks don't stop the car". (Brakes)
*The peddle goes to the floor." (Pedal)
I am not perfect by any means...I still get confused about apostrophes and their proper usage.

I'm extremely guilty of the to or too, to lazy to think about it!

Axel, axle
Timming, timing
Sense, since
For sell, for sale
Sail my car, sell my car.

Reading car forums makes my head hurt sometimes, too.(that was just for Kern Dog, the too)

Bucket seats and counsel.

I would like to see the word "Woke" stop being used. There is already a word for this, and it is "Dumbfuck". Let's not make new words when old words will do just fine!!!

In keeping with my habit of taking phrases in the literal sense....
I hate It is what it is.
Think about that phrase. ******, of COURSE it is what it is. EVERYTHING is what it is. The phrase is completely redundant. It does not need to be written or spoken, ever. Something cannot be something while being something else.
I get it though. It is used as an expression much like....This tastes like ****. In that case, you hope that the person that said it really hasn't tasted actual feces to have formed an actual basis for comparison.
The "it is what it is" phrase seems to mean it sucks-is messed up-is broken-is not ideal but I don't know or don't care to fix it.

In keeping with your habit of taking phrases in the literal sense.... Kiss my *** would be one or is it an expression.

I am by no means a verbal master. I just get tired of hearing people repeat phrases that have been used too much.
Feel free to add to the list.
Spoken by a true devotee of the redundant use of useless words police.....but.....sometimes uselessness needs to be expressed.....but with moderation.....
BOB RENTON

"climate change" ........ the perfect example of "it is what it is"..........it changes every second of every day......I hate retards

Spoken by a true devotee of the redundant use of useless words police.....but.....sometimes uselessness needs to be expressed.....but with moderation.....
BOB RENTON
For an engineer, you should know that "spoken" refers to a verbal action, not a written word.

For an engineer, you should know that "spoken" refers to a verbal action, not a written word.
It could refer to what may or may not written OR implied.....depending on one's poiht of view, as implications are subject to interpretation as in the word STOP.....which could be verbalized OR written, as in a RED OCTAGIONAL SHAPED SIGN, often used at road intersections, commanding action. But, its not as useful as the frequently used euphemism, that is: a noun, verb, adverb, adjective, conjunction, expletive (both singular and plural), sort of a universal word, that is derrived from the male-female conjugal interaction..... just TALKING out loud....or maybe writing it.......
BOB RENTON

I clearly remember teachers in school that corrected the students that said things like...."The Stop sign says stop".
The Stop sign does not speak.
I realize that the language evolves constantly. I was just messing with you.

Ahhhh.. the delightful banter of Word Cops with nary a better thing to do!
:rofl:

Auto Transport Service
Back