• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Please S T O P saying this" thread.

I clearly remember teachers in school that corrected the students that said things like...."The Stop sign says stop".
The Stop sign does not speak.
I realize that the language evolves constantly. I was just messing with you.
I was as well......with no disrespect or malice intended.....i was just being verbose.....perhaps too vociferously......
Cheers,
BOB RENTON

In keeping with my habit of taking phrases in the literal sense....
I hate It is what it is.
Think about that phrase. ******, of COURSE it is what it is. EVERYTHING is what it is. The phrase is completely redundant. It does not need to be written or spoken, ever. Something cannot be something while being something else.
I get it though. It is used as an expression much like....This tastes like ****. In that case, you hope that the person that said it really hasn't tasted actual feces to have formed an actual basis for comparison.
The "it is what it is" phrase seems to mean it sucks-is messed up-is broken-is not ideal but I don't know or don't care to fix it.
Again, guilty as charged. But it is what it is, oh ****, wait, damn, did it again.

Shtreet, shtrip, shtuff, shtrong, shtrength, any idiot that sticks an H after any word that starts with ST. Jesus, even the news and weather snowflakes are doing it.
I seen it, this is a southern OH thing, it is I saw it! Damn, English is your native language! And these same guys criticize foreigners for murdering English, sheesh.

Let’s see where this one goes. :lol:

“Real feel” when people are talking about the weather. That’s the stupidest phrase, and please stop it. The temperature was 105 with a “real feel” of 115. There is no scientific measurement of “real feel,” there’s heat index, humidity factor, wind chill. But “real feel,” is verbal stuff, “it was 105, and feels hot as fck”, or in the winter “it’s cold as fck,” stop saying real feel, and if you work in an office, or sit at home where you have climate control, don’t tell people that work outside, or in non climate controlled work places the weather! We know the weather and don’t want to be reminded! Unless it’s a beautiful day out.
:lol:

Being in a state with mild humidity, I have not heard of "real feel" but I can understand the frustration.
Secondly, When I hear of office people complaining about the heat while I am out in it all day, I too find that annoying. One advantage though is that I'm out in it all day and in most cases, you feel the temps rise and fall and get acclimated to it. Office people are in the A/C and then step outside to what feels like a drastic change that they didn't expect.

Being in a state with mild humidity, I have not heard of "real feel" but I can understand the frustration.
Secondly, When I hear of office people complaining about the heat while I am out in it all day, I too find that annoying. One advantage though is that I'm out in it all day and in most cases, you feel the temps rise and fall and get acclimated to it. Office people are in the A/C and then step outside to what feels like a drastic change that they didn't expect.
I’m an electrician, attics, new houses without a breeze, and definitely no ac, digging, the plastic box of doom you have as a bathroom (porta potty). My favorite thing to do when office people complain about the heat, is to tell them it’s not that bad, watching their faces is priceless!
:rofl:

I love writing offensive graffiti in the porta potty...

Job graffiti 6.jpg

Job graffiti 7.jpg

Esparto 2.JPG

Job graffitti 6.jpg

On my last job, I nicknamed "Sal" as Salamander and wrote positive graffiti about him.
Salamander 1.jpg

Salamander 5.jpg

Salamander 6.JPG

Salamander 7.jpg

I’ll bite: wind chill.
People who live in comparatively warm places toss around “wind chill” to make their warm temperatures seem colder then they really are. I posted two years ago pictures showing that it was minus forty three here without the wind chill. That is cold. Telling me that your temperature is minus twenty with the wind chill makes me laugh out loud.

I love writing offensive graffiti in the porta potty...

View attachment 1313001

View attachment 1313002
View attachment 1313003

View attachment 1313004
On my last job, I nicknamed "Sal" as Salamander and wrote positive graffiti about him.
View attachment 1313005

View attachment 1313006

View attachment 1313007

View attachment 1313008
I love seeing creative graffiti on the job. One of my favorite things to do is on smoke detectors, it says “installed on” I think you’re suppose to write the date, I like to put “on the ceiling, duh.” Just the little things we do to entertain ourselves, some people don’t understand

:lol:

I’ll bite: wind chill.
People who live in comparatively warm places toss around “wind chill” to make their warm temperatures seem colder then they really are. I posted two years ago pictures showing that it was minus forty three here without the wind chill. That is cold. Telling me that your temperature is minus twenty with the wind chill makes me laugh out loud.
I didn’t even think about windchill being that way. I thought it was a helpful term, but I see what you’re saying

"Not being negative, but...." and then they proceed to say something negative and insulting.

I see KD posted some banter with his coworker Salamander.
I share a work station with a much younger guy, Ryan. He is less then half my age but a good guy and we get along well. We occasionally prank each other, or at least poke at each other. Now I’m one of those old crabby guys that gets fed up real quick with non stop dumb jokes and pranks, but it lightens things up occasionally. Like perhaps once a month. A few examples:
- I set the printer so that the first page of everything he prints says “RYAN SUX” in big letters. He inadvertently handed in a work order without reading it the first time. He reads them now.
- In his saved sites list for his computer I added ryansux.com and garthisfuckingawesom.com

All of our boiler rooms have a start up manual for getting the boilers going in the fall. It is a step by step instruction for starting the boilers. In one of our buildings I reprinted the first page so that the first step said “Find Garth and say “Well done, sir. Well done.”” Months later one of the building operators walked up to me, looked me in the eye, and said “Well done, sir. Well done.” Then he stomped away. It had been so long since I had done the change that it took me a while to figure out what he was talking about.

"Not being negative, but...." and then they proceed to say something negative and insulting.
"The man needs no introduction..." followed by a detailed introduction.

1 laugh 4.jpg

"everything happens for a reason...", usually said after something bad happens to someone.

Nope, a lot of stuff is just up to chance.

He died doing what he loved.
Just a guess but I doubt he "loved" burning to death in a crashed car....

1 huh 02.png

So, if someone dies humping his wife and he loves humping, They could say he died doing what he loved. I 'd say he was a lucky guy.

I only complain about the weather on this forum and then mostly about the humidity.

When fellow Floridians complain about the heat (or run the AC at 60 degrees) I suggest they may be living in the wrong state.

Auto Transport Service
Back