• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Please S T O P saying this" thread.

Did you just yadayadayada me?

From our car hobby:
"Barn Find" Really, is it now? It was in a real barn and you found it. No one knew where it was.
"Survivor" Oh, really? What about how you replaced half the drivetrain and put a new coat of pant on it?

From youtube:
"Abandoned" Oh wow, someone just threw the keys in the window 5 years ago and walked away from that muscle car? But it was in their garage and you bought it from them?
"Restored" So you buy a car from some guy that is in his garage, put it on a trailer, power wash it and put a new battery in it. "Restored".
"Budget build" Of course by budget they mean $5k in bolt ons and "their buddy" painted it for them and the aftermarket rims must have been laying around with new rubber already on them.

A humble suggestion, if you find a word or phrase that is "tired, over-used, pointless and redundant" and think it's worthy of posting here, why not also post a word or phrase that means the same thing but isn't "tired, over-used, pointless and redundant"?

My ears catch stuff "like" you no- -monotone with up tone pauses with every phrase/fraze?

Also what's up with -for example- the word phonetic. Why is it --of all words- spelled rong??

And liquids SOAK into absorbent materials as opposed to being "absorbed into" the material.

When one uses a-preventive measure- to be correct, they are also using a -prevenTAtive- measure, and in either case it is correct.

Please excuse my punctuation issues kause I never got past my grandma problems with this language.

A humble suggestion, if you find a word or phrase that is "tired, over-used, pointless and redundant" and think it's worthy of posting here, why not also post a word or phrase that means the same thing but isn't "tired, over-used, pointless and redundant"?
That is an excellent suggestion. That sort of thing would be great.

A certain ethnic minority uses “you know what I’m sayin’” like punctuation. I remember watching some half wit (football or basketball player?) being interviewed and he was using that as a complete sentence, sentence after sentence. It was complete gibberish. Finally the interviewer just loses it and shouts “No, I don’t know what you’re saying! Just say it!”

I have not heard that one. Can you put it in context?

A common term people have been using to describe a period of time is….
“It has been a minute.”

Hey Joe, when was the last time you went to a drive in movie?

Well, it has been a minute.
No sir, it has been a lot longer than that.

I have not heard that one. Can you put it in context?

A common term people have been using to describe a period of time is….
“It has been a minute.”

Hey Joe, when was the last time you went to a drive in movie?

Well, it has been a minute.
No sir, it has been a lot longer than that.
Used to hear the term 'group' in the military quite often for time....a group of time or I've been here for a group. IE, long time.

Is this like those who will say “You know” after every 2nd sentence if there is a complete one? “You know, like here I am, you know, trying to open the door on a porta potty at the car show, you know, I’m yanking on the door, you know, and I open the door, and there’s this lady sitting on the shitter, you know. Well umm, she didn’t get pissed (pun here)…she just pulled the door back really fast, you know?”

I use this cuz well, I DID this at a car show two years ago with a couple buds there to witness. All I wanted to do was create some distance ASAP before she exited. Those ******** NEVER let me forget it. Every show or meet since when we walk near the line of porta pissers, they tell me “Hey Ron, I think there’s a fat lady sitting in there, you gotta take a piss?”

That must be regional too. I haven't heard that one either.

Last edited:
Why would you call when time is normally displayed right on the phone...usually from a source linked to a known standard time server?

Back in HS I started using the term "brief stretch of reality" to reference time spent.

You pointed it out before and you were right....
My errors always seem to be when I post from my phone! The "N" somehow doesn't come through on some words and the screen is so small, I make those dumb errors!

You pointed it out before and you were right....
My errors always seem to be when I post from my phone! The "N" somehow doesn't come through on some words and the screen is so small, I make those dumb errors!
It doesn't matter and it's not dumb. Stuff happens.

MDv3dyV.gif

It may have been covered but here goes...
Hey Mike....I'm going to get a burger. Do you want one?
No, I'm good.
You're good? Good at what? Starving? What does your level of competence have to do with the burger?
No, you are not "good". There are numerous proper answers to decline an offer but being "good" isn't one of them.
"Good" is an adjective.
No thanks, I'm not hungry/just ate/am too fat already....

"100%"....everything is 100% QUIT IT! It was "my bad" that used to kill me. What did that mean?

Auto Transport Service
Back