• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Plymouth arrow

cbcborm

Local time
6:26 PM
Reaction score
Hello Mopar gurus!!
I need YOUR help wit a decision. I just got a 79 Plymouth Arrow with no engine.
I'm thinking in puting my 318 with a 727 trans out of my 66 coronet. I know if going to be some modifications such to find a set of headers, mounting plate to replace motor mounts. my question, I will like to replace the heads with 1969 340 angle plugs and mild cam for the street. will the heads will improve any horsepower or will do no any diference. right now engine have a edelbrook performer intake and 4 barrel carb. any recomendations for parts and combination will be apreciated. thanks, Mel

You can put 340 heads on a 318 but the 2.02" valves may require you to put bore notches.

Mate of mine put a stroked 383 in his Arrow and ran a best of 7.7 @ 180-odd :eek:

And yes that's 1/4 not 1/8 mile :icon_wink:

Attachments

• mopar nats 09 - 2.jpg
    mopar nats 09 - 2.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 473
need more!!

Mate of mine put a stroked 383 in his Arrow and ran a best of 7.7 @ 180-odd :eek:

And yes that's 1/4 not 1/8 mile :icon_wink:

that is a beauty!!!! how did you mount that engine there and what kind of modification need to be done, for the street. who supply the parts. thanks

Not my car so I dont know all the ins and outs. The car has now been sold without the engine to a woman who's running a Ch*vy engine, and has only managed a 9-something 1/4 so far :laughing7:

The 383 stroker need a bit of NOS to get 7's but he did manage an 8 without. Engine's up for sale and someone with a 'pro-touring' style Challenger was looking at buying it last week for street & strip use. So he obviously thinks it's suitable for the street without too many mods.

Sorry I dont know too many details...

Auto Transport Service
Back