• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Plymouth dusters ?

Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 7.33.52 PM.png

I'd do a Duster or Demon (I know not in them years) in a heartbeat
never cared for 2nd gen. Novas (68 & later)
the 62-65 were OK, the 66-67 were good

Now I'd rather have a Duster, make it look like an older version
sitting low & fatties tucked under it, nice modern drivetrain
or a nice sbm

The car you posted. The starting bid has been lowered. It does look like a pretty nice car and worth the money.

Best looking Nova I've ever seen! Those ROCKAUTO guys really have their sh#t together . . .
Well...it does have the chebbie hood...so it's not completely their fault... That cowl hood scoop belongs on that car about as much as a Six Pack scoop belongs on Galaxie 500... :screwy:

I don’t agree with that simply because you use what works or what ever style suites YOU!

They are a fun car to drive. 1970 340 Duster Clone

Duster.JPG

IMG_1850.JPG

Over the years, I have owned several A bodies. I think the count is around 26 or 27. Dusters and Dart Sports....
76 Dart Sport 318
72 Duster 225
73 Duster 318, 360
74 Dart Sport 360
70 Duster 225
71 Duster 318
72 Duster 318
73 Dart Sport 225, 360
74 Duster 318
74 Duster 225, 360
74 Duster 360
75 Duster 225
74 Dart Sport 225
73 Dart Sport 340, 360
72 Duster 225, 360
A few were parts cars, most were builders. All were basically the same but there were several changes from 1972 to 1973.
They are solid cars. I'd rate them as # 3 of my Mopar favorites behind the 68-70 B bodies and 67-69 Darts.
Think of the time that they were new and what they were marketed against. Maverick. Nova and other GM clones. AMC Gremlin. When you look at the competition, you see how basic and spartan the others were. None of the competition handled as well or were as attractive in my opinion.
Now ur bragging lol

You know what bud. I’ve been a Mopar guy my whole life, I’ve owned 30. I like them all, I never gave a crap what anyone else thought, you shouldn’t either. There are a lot of people with opinions, you know what they say about opinions. Forget the part of everyone has one, think some people are one. Some people brag, flaunt or try to impress, for who, for what, for their own ego. The ones who cut down, same thing. You just have to consider the source and ask yourself. Why should I give a crap what this egotistical idiot thinks? I’ve had people on here ask me if I really have a car? What do I care if they believe I have a car? One guy even posted a picture of mine, and asked if it was my car. It was. I’ve never posted a picture of the car, my son in law found one on Pinterest. I don’t know where whoever got one on here. I have 2 pictures of my car. I see it everyday, what do I need pictures for? To pull them out and ask, do you want to see a picture of my car? You enjoy your rides, life’s too short to worry what somebody thinks about your car! Take care!
Probably had that many if not more. Tried to count them but it's like girl friends. It starts getting fuzzy after 20 or so :D

As time goes on, the cars that we once dismissed as uncool have begun to appeal to me. I was never a 4 door fan but I'd like a nice 68-70 Satellite or a H U G E Imperial from the 68-72 era.
I like the late B bodies...The Charger-Fury-Cordoba models too. They do resemble the same era Monte Carlos but don't hold that against them. What kept me away for years was the California emission limitations for 1976 and newer cars. You had to keep it stock to be able to register them and most were choked out, low compression slugs that couldn't click off a 15 second ET.
Once you wrap your head around the fact that most classics are not as fast as a new Challenger, you can embrace the great styling of the overlooked Mopars.
I have even taken notice of the 85-89 Fifth Avenue cars and they were 4000 lb cars with 150 horsepower!
You mean couldn't click off an 18 second ET......? Imo, things got a little better when the LRE's come out along with the Super Coupes etc. Sheeet, what was the year that the LRE was fastest vehicle (American) produced? It even beat out the Coorsvette! Wasn't by much but still......lol. I stuck a Super Coupe 360 into my 79 SWB pickup and added headers and a Torker intake and Holley and with 3.23's and 25" tall rear tires, it clicked off consistent 15.60. How much did the SC's weigh? Less than a pickup.....

Anyways, I wouldn't mine having a beater Duster of any year about now....

Bought my wife a new 92 Duster for her wedding present. My sister had a 73, 79 and an 88 (?). Bought my oldest daughter a 3.0 5 speed Shadow, when she turned 17. She was 9 when I married her mom. I taught her to drive a stick in it, she loved it. I thought all of them were great cars. Never had any real issues with any of them. I did have to put a trans in the 73. I probably had something to do with that, from my escapades.

Joe Lepone from Garage Squad, his wife's car

70 Duster Pro-Mod 940ci Pat Mussie 6 in stroke & N20 5.40 @ 243 Joe Lepone.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back