• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Police Wheels with Rallye Center caps Question

68HAVOK

Local time
4:36 AM
Reaction score
For those that have done this. I know I have to drI'll two more holes to secure the rally center to the wheel. My question is that the rallye cap sits away and is not flush. Do you have to grind or cut down the part that the bolt threads into to make this work correctly andsit flush? See the pics for the gap I'm talking about. Thanks and everyone is always such a big help.

View attachment 20170217_145826.jpg View attachment 20170217_150554.jpg 20170217_150624.jpg

Not sure that its the same But I have had to put larger bolts in my Rallye Caps at one time, in doing so the cap of the bolt would not allow the the wheel itself to sit flush, I had to grind the heads down to make the wheel sit flush, but it sounds like your saying the cap is sitting away from the wheel, and the stud holes need to be ground....Im no help sorry. But great looking project anyway.

Yes, exactly. I know that many have done this, just wondering if they were ok with the cap sitting away from the wheel and having a gap. I'm not really diggin' it. Thanks though SgtLee511, I think they are going to look awesome. Just want to do all the prep work before I go to get them powder coated.

Looked at doing the same thing over 25 years ago and didn't really like the look and ended up using these instead.....

Looked at doing the same thing over 25 years ago and didn't really like the look and ended up using these instead.....

Well, I'm kinda in it now that they are shipped and here. Those do look good though. What center caps are those?

Don't know why the site wouldn't let me upload a pic from my computer.....maybe this way will work...

Cool...anyways, I didn't want to modify a set of original centers for a 70 car and these centers bolted right in with no mods and I kinda liked them a bit better too. At the time, I had the exact wheels on my trailer and figured it didn't need the centers :D

Yes you need to trim the stems down so the outside lip sits flush inside the wheel. They do look good , I painted my wheels argent silver and added trim rings, no pics at the moment. I didn't bother to drill the two extra holes, they aren't going anywhere using just three

Yes you need to trim the stems down so the outside lip sits flush inside the wheel. They do look good , I painted my wheels argent silver and added trim rings, no pics at the moment
Thank you, it seemed that's what needed to be done. Please post some pics when you can. I'd really like to see them!

No worries on the screws being too long , mine went all the way in no problem. I ended up cutting about 3/8 " off the stems. I'll try to dig up some pics , the wheels are buried in the garage

No worries on the screws being too long , mine went all the way in no problem. I ended up cutting about 3/8 " off the stems. I'll try to dig up some pics , the wheels are buried in the garage
That would be great. Ill make sure to post pics when I'm done as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back