• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poly Strut rod bushings - Sleeve?

Hemicbx

Local time
2:45 AM
Reaction score
I have a set of poly strut rod bushings that I want to put into the car. Most sites that show poly bushings show the same part number for the bushing between A, B, and E bodies. The bushings, of course, are two piece with a metal sleep between them. When I try to install the metal sleeve on my B body strut arms, the sleeve will not go onto the shoulder where the bushing should rest. Without the sleeve, I think the bushings are little bit too large on the ID and I'm not sure that they will squeeze down.

Has anyone seen this before?

Hemicbx

- - - Updated - - -

I'll post a picture when I get home

Here's a pic of the sleeve on the threads of the strut rod.
8642ED7C-EF54-4B5F-9A2A-BD6151197818-3304-0000041F3ED63C56_zpse05cbf8e.jpg

I did put the washers and bushings on the rod and tighten it up as a test. Everything does seem to squeeze up & tighten up well. I'm thinking that without the sleeve is the thing to do for a B body car. Never having owned an A body, I can't say whether the strut diameter is different or not.

I know this thread is a little old. But I have a question about this sleeve also. I can't get it to slide down on the strut rod at all maybe just a couple of cms and that's it. The old ones slide right on did measure the IDs of course the old ones are just a little bigger. Do I need the sleeve or do I need to clean off some of the powder coat?

Auto Transport Service
Back