• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your 11 second combos

Went 11.55 @ 117.49. Was hoping for faster. Car doesn't seem to want to MPH like the old one. Was turning 7000RPM at the traps. May have too much gear with the 4.30's. Great time anyway... Made two passes all day at the Atco t n t. Bomb scare was called in around dinner time. Everyone was evacuated.

Went 11.55 @ 117.49. Was hoping for faster. Car doesn't seem to want to MPH like the old one. Was turning 7000RPM at the traps. May have too much gear with the 4.30's. Great time anyway... Made two passes all day at the Atco t n t. Bomb scare was called in around dinner time. Everyone was evacuated.

If your going through the traps at 7g that standard port window stroker is long out of breath. What size tire? I run a 28" with a 4.10 and am around 6600-6700 going through 123 range.

I'm running a 275-60-15 M & H bias ply street tire. Thinking the same thing. I have a set of 3.91's that I'm going to try in the 8 3/4 in the spring. If they help, I want to put the Dana in it. Need to complete the correctness of the clone. A lift off B-body needs a Dana. Wondering what it'll do to the E.T.? Was thinking about a dyno session to see where the HP and TQ are peaking to make a better decision. I also am wondering what the detonation situation is like. 11.5:1...typically running on pump 93 and a splash of 110 race gas. I can't hear pinging, but how can I tell with the loud pipes?

It'll like the 3.91. Unfortunately with the Dana your stuck with a 373 or 410. Mine is also a six pack stroker. A12 look alike (kind of). You'll have to read your plugs for detonation. I would mix on the heavier side if your pounding on it hard or doing any tuning until your confident it's safe.

Dr.Diff used to carry 3.90 for the dana 60. I'm not sure if they're stil a available.

Hello fellow racers. I'm pretty new here and still looking around but I figured I'd share my 11 second combo. I've got a lot of good info here by reading about everyone's experiences and projects so thanks. My best which I just got last Saturday: 11.67@116, 1.66 60'. I think there's a little more I can squeeze out to get closer to 11.5's.

I'm in a 68 Charger RT weighing in at a little over 3700 lbs. It has a 030 over 440, stock crank and rods, Speed Pro pistons, Trick Flow heads, MP Purpleshaft 280 cam, 10.8:1 compression, Eddy RPM intake, Holley 850 carb, MSD ignition, Crane roller rockers, 1 7/8" headers, 2.5" exhaust, X pipe, cut outs, 2500 stall converter, 3.55 gears and SS springs. When I get to the track I change into Hoosiers Quick Time Pro's.

It's a pretty mild and street friendly combo. I know the cam is not letting me take full advantage to the heads but for now that's ok because I don't want to put a roll bar in. At least that's my feeling right now. Of course speed is an addiction and you always want more!

For general information, I have standard port INDY EZ heads, 2" Dougs with 3.5" collector and a 4.30 Dana (spool) with 28" tall ET Streets ([email protected]" wide) and I go thru the traps at 6800 @ 126.66
Since my b-body with the same ratio and same size tire is going through at 7000 @ 117 mph, what does that tell me? Trans slippage? Bad converter? Is it due to more/less total weight. Any help is appreciated. Tom

Hello fellow racers. I'm pretty new here and still looking around but I figured I'd share my 11 second combo. I've got a lot of good info here by reading about everyone's experiences and projects so thanks. My best which I just got last Saturday: 11.67@116, 1.66 60'. I think there's a little more I can squeeze out to get closer to 11.5's.

I'm in a 68 Charger RT weighing in at a little over 3700 lbs. It has a 030 over 440, stock crank and rods, Speed Pro pistons, Trick Flow heads, MP Purpleshaft 280 cam, 10.8:1 compression, Eddy RPM intake, Holley 850 carb, MSD ignition, Crane roller rockers, 1 7/8" headers, 2.5" exhaust, X pipe, cut outs, 2500 stall converter, 3.55 gears and SS springs. When I get to the track I change into Hoosiers Quick Time Pro's.

It's a pretty mild and street friendly combo. I know the cam is not letting me take full advantage to the heads but for now that's ok because I don't want to put a roll bar in. At least that's my feeling right now. Of course speed is an addiction and you always want more!

Great running combo! Espically with a 3.55 and a small cam!!

with that cam I don't know if you'll squeeze anything more out of it with a single plane intake... when you're ready to make more power I would say change the cam to a comp xtreme energy solid roller (sr286r?) I think is the grind, get a trick flow track heat intake and slap a 1050 up top, seen in an article in hot rod they did a 440 build with trickfkow heads and a similar set up when they put the 1050 on it they picked up 20+ hp, torque stayed about the same.

I have absolutely no idea.
Your converter has more slip than Mikes. That's not necessarily as bad as some may think. It does put the RPM up in the traps though. Loose is generally more consistent. If it was an ideally set-up racecar your ET/MPH actually shows better MPH than the ET. That being said street/strip deal isn't that far off. what converter is in it? Do you have any tire spin? Is the tach accurate?
Doug

with that cam I don't know if you'll squeeze anything more out of it with a single plane intake... when you're ready to make more power I would say change the cam to a comp xtreme energy solid roller (sr286r?) I think is the grind, get a trick flow track heat intake and slap a 1050 up top, seen in an article in hot rod they did a 440 build with trickfkow heads and a similar set up when they put the 1050 on it they picked up 20+ hp, torque stayed about the same.

That's actually a 470 low deck stroker with a 1050an carb. I was able to mirror my six pack with the same type of carb on a tm6

73 charger
Power steering and power brakes
4050 lbs with me in it
Ran 11.20s in good weather launching at 4500 rpm (forget the mph) last season
Added a less restrictive exhaust, re did fuel system, switching steel wheels for center lines, adding some other misc stuff. Hoping for 10s this season !!

400 based 496 stroker
Old 440 super stock twist forged crank with journals turned down
Eagle forged rods
Je pistons
Hell fire file fit rings
11-1 compression
Small Scott brown specked hydrolic roller (I think 6.15 lift and 246/248 duration on 112 lsa)
Mopar water pump
Edelbrock performer rpm 88cc heads ported by Dwayne porter with bigger valves fitted
Hooker 2 1/8 super comps
Indy 1.6 roller rockers
M1 intake ported
1050cfm quick fuel carb 4150 flange
Arp head / main studs and hardware
Lots of other little tricks to improve engine oiling and reduce rotating mass

Cope pro racing 727 Trans with all the upgrades ( billet drums etc)
Ptc 4500 stall

Custom hd drive shaft
8 3/4 with sure grip and 3.91s
Strange axles
Calvert mono leaf springs relocated in board
Cal tracks
Adjustable shocks at all four corners
325/50/15 mt radials

73 charger
Power steering and power brakes
4050 lbs with me in it
Ran 11.20s in good weather launching at 4500 rpm (forget the mph) last season
Added a less restrictive exhaust, re did fuel system, switching steel wheels for center lines, adding some other misc stuff. Hoping for 10s this season !!

400 based 496 stroker
Old 440 super stock twist forged crank with journals turned down
Eagle forged rods
Je pistons
Hell fire file fit rings
11-1 compression
Small Scott brown specked hydrolic roller (I think 6.15 lift and 246/248 duration on 112 lsa)
Mopar water pump
Edelbrock performer rpm 88cc heads ported by Dwayne porter with bigger valves fitted
Hooker 2 1/8 super comps
Indy 1.6 roller rockers
M1 intake ported
1050cfm quick fuel carb 4150 flange
Arp head / main studs and hardware
Lots of other little tricks to improve engine oiling and reduce rotating mass

Cope pro racing 727 Trans with all the upgrades ( billet drums etc)
Ptc 4500 stall

Custom hd drive shaft
8 3/4 with sure grip and 3.91s
Strange axles
Calvert mono leaf springs relocated in board
Cal tracks
Adjustable shocks at all four corners
325/50/15 mt radials

Nice combo, thanks for sharing

welcome to FBBO 'again'

496bee what was your 60 ft time?

I can't find the slip for the 11.22 pass unfortunately. I know the 60ft wasn't great I think it was 1.5something and the tires were spinning a little. The only slip I have is from the last time I was out which was last May 90 degree day and very humid. I was having major issues with the line lock in the car. First it wouldn't engage then it wouldn't disengage at the line. I wound up launching at 2700 instead of 4500.
496bee what was your 60 ft time?

Since last season upgraded the fuel system, aluminum radiator with electric fans, will be adding frame connectors, Pro ratchet shifter, center lines, etc this month. Still not sure if I should put more gear in the car and go with a bigger tire??
IMG_20170219_133722284.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back