• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your 9 second or Faster combo's

My combo:
64 Belvedere. Glass hood, deck lid, bumpers, lexan side windows. 2965 pounds empty.
15x14 Weld rear wheels with 14x32 Hoosiers.
MSD 7AL-3 box. 2 deep cycle batteries in trunk. Mallory 140 pump with 8AN lines to front.
572" MP Iron Block. Bill Mitchell (BME) Forged Aluminum Rods, JE 14.5-1 pistons, Hansen Stage V heads flowing 540 and Hansen Stage V Rocker Arm assemblies. Comp Roller with .816 lift, .298 duration @ .050. Manton push rods. Manley triple springs and Manley Titanium Valves. Sheet Aluminum Fabricated Tunnel Ram with 2 1050 Dominators modified by Braswell.
Custom Fabricated headers.
Makes 1011HP at 7100RPM / 801 Torque at 6000RPM on Dyno.
Pro-Trans Torqueflite with standard upgraded parts, sprag, etc, etc. Billet Aluminum Drum. CSE Transmission shield. PPG (Precision Products) rear exit cable shifter.
Dana 60 with all Strange parts, spool, axles, etc. RR drum brakes. Wilwood front Brakes.
NHRA certified cage. Kirkey Seat. Diest Parachute.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3a.jpg Hemi line.jpg

Mike been waiting to post up here for a while :thumbsup::thumbsup:

really need to change or even better yet
replace/delete your older part of your signature now, to reflect it

waiting for you to post in the 8 second zone, soon too :bananadance:

Surprised it didnt like the 4.30s. I've run both 4.10 and 4.30. About the same. Last weekend we ran right across the lake at Ubly. 1.261, 5.747, 118.97 with 4.30s, 3360lbs.
Doug

No way the gear alone killed it .25/4mph unless something is mismatched. Was the weather the same? 800hp@2653 should be in the 8's at way over 150 mph in the 1/4. Something is missing. The trick is to find it. It can get frustrating. Good luck.
Doug

The obvious things proper timing, fuel delivery, full throttle. If you find nothing I'd be looking at the converter. Even screwed up your motor has way more potential with its list of parts than its showing. Good luck.
Doug

There's a lot of weight removal available at 4070lbs + in a race car. Even street car should be able to lose an easy 300.
Doug
Took 420 out of my 66 Belvedere....started at 3370 and it still had the factory AC in it and didn't do anything drastic at that time.

Looks like it needs some right rear preload. I'm assuming the scaling numbers are with driver.
Doug
Cal trac/mono leaf car. I need to look into that and a shock upgrade. My single adjustables up front leave a lot to be desired.

I ran singles for quite a while. Ran them full tight. Worked pretty well actually.
Doug

I ran singles for quite a while. Ran them full tight. Worked pretty well actually.
Doug
In the early mid 80's I had a 10.60 car that was jerking the fronts up a good foot only to come back down and then unload the rears. After chasing my tail with the ladder bar adjustments, I threw on a pair of light duty 50/50 non adjustable shocks that were hanging on the wall.....and problem solved! It lifted the fronts about 4" and carried them out a bit. The old shocks......weren't doing a dang thing at all!

My singles are full tight. They’re leaking oil and need replacement. Might as well go to a double

I'm to the point now with my front Afco doubles that they need stiffer valving. The rears already have Big Gun valving. The fronts have been tightened once already. In this video they are full tight.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back