• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your 9 second or Faster combo's

Welcome to the world of power.

Doug
Doug I read with great interest your information on the carbs and jetting, I wrote a response to you about it ,thanking you for the information -none of what I post is to be taken as confrontational -just my experience. as I went to send the computer went down and lost it. thank you for the advice and content, I appreciate your taking time to provide that much information.

Doug I read with great interest your information on the carbs and jetting, I wrote a response to you about it ,thanking you for the information -none of what I post is to be taken as confrontational -just my experience. as I went to send the computer went down and lost it. thank you for the advice and content, I appreciate your taking time to provide that much information.
It's all about sharing information. I learn stuff every day.
Doug

Sorry no photos, my old #11 68 RR HT 383/479 3520lb with Cal Tracs & MT Drag Radials, sold 14 months ago now I'm currently on #12... 383 4.290" bore 11:1 Venolia zero deck flat tops w/valve notching, Zero Gap Childs & Albert top rings, ducktil iron low tension second ring, std oil rings, Callies Billet 4.150" stroke crankshaft counter weights turn down to 7.120" internal balanced, 440source girdle, ARP stud thru out the engine, 440source billet main caps, Eagle H-beam 6.76" rods, an old custom 650ish lift hydr. Roller, Crane 1.6:1 Super Gold rockers & hardened shafts, Edelbrock RPM 84cc heads decked & ported 335cfm, Smith Brothers 7.625" cup & ball 3/8" custom length push-rods for a small base circle camshaft, aluminum w/p housing, Proform elect. 37gpm pump, Milidon 7qt. oil pan & windage tray, MP chrome cover, Cloyes true double roller gears {set 4 deg. advanced}, roller cam button, Milidon oil pump & pick up, SFI certified harmonic balancer & B&M flex plate neutral balanced, 3800rpm stall {175k 11" Mopar Performance reworked}, Turbo action manual valve body, Coan racing 727 internals, std gear sets, bolt in sprag, hardened input & output shafts, 3.5" aluminum driveshaft, lightened front yoke, billet rea yoke, MP 8.75" 742 aluminum carrier, 3.73:1 with N20 & single 1050cfm dominator & 3.91:1 gears w/6bbl set up, depending on carburetor/induction combo, back braced housing, 31 spline Strange axles & green bearings, Clutch type sure trac {I know, but it was street driven}, fiberglass lift off 6bbl hood from Year 1, fiberglass bumpers & custom aluminum bumper brackets cheapo Summit racing seats & covers, Cap Automotive tubular upper & lower control arms & dynamic adj. strut rods, old double adjustable re-valved Lamb drag racing shocks, a Competition Engineering 4pt. roll bar{limited the amount of times I could run all out, before they would kick me off or out because I needed a cage to go that fast} not the "pertyist car", but was fast as hell, for what it was, I sold it for $28k ready to run 100deg. day at Sacramento race way, 1500-2500ft corrected altitude depending on the time of day, test & tune Sat track prep. ran 8.58et best @ 156mph best with a 300 shot of N20 & single trick 1050cfm Dominator, on an Indy manifold with a 1"x 4 port tapered spacer, it went 9.77et best @ 135mph best with the 6bbl & 3.91 gears, I kept the hood & trick 6bbl setup for my current car a 68 Ht RR much more of a street car, fuel system was Dual Aeromotive 175gpm pumps 1 dedicated for the N20 system the other for the motor, Aeromotive bypass style regulators for both system, Summit canister 10 micron fuel filters, #10 A/N fuel supply lines & #8 A/N fittings & lines for the crabs & returns to the tank... That's about all I will give on the combo I hope it may help someone, or at least be a good long read...LOL...
yeh -you could add more detail,lol

I guess not many are going to run a combo like this much today but here goes from 1991>

3300lbs@line A-bod.
Motor put together by me in a shed
'68 440 6pk bottom end..9.8:1
2.14/1.81 906's approx 260cfm
Team G int., with 2" adapter for modded 850DP
CC. .290@050" solid ft...(the old favourite)
Single line external.
2.1/8" f/wells, 12" extensions.
727 fmvb, A1 4800 verter, footbrake
L-bars/coil-overs
4.88's - 14x32" Hoosiers
Strange 35 spline spool/axles.
Best and only run with 160hp N20 was [email protected]
trapped@7400rpm:praying::)

Last edited:
I guess not many are going to run a combo like this much today but here goes from 1991>

3300lbs@line A-bod.
Motor put together by me in a shed
'68 440 6pk bottom end..9.8:1
2.14/1.81 906's approx 260cfm
Team G int., with 2" adapter for modded 850DP
CC. .290@050" solid ft...(the old favourite)
Single line external.
2.1/8" f/wells, 12" extensions.
727 fmvb, A1 4800 verter, footbrake
L-bars/coil-overs
4.88's - 14x32" Hoosiers
Strange 35 spline spool/axles.
Best and only run with 160hp N20 was [email protected]
trapped@7400rpm:praying::)
nice pass.

Tried to better these last weekend. Unfortunately it broke a tooth, (or more) on the ring gear. It did go 1.255/3.690 before it broke. We'll try again in the spring.
Doug
20180614_072009.jpg

Tried to better these last weekend. Unfortunately it broke a tooth, (or more) on the ring gear. It did go 1.255/3.690 before it broke. We'll try again in the spring.
Doug
Ssssoooooo close!!!

Down for the remainder of the year. Getting some new knees. See you in the spring. Car is ready.

Light weight TITANIUM made in the USA,good luck and DO your PT!:thumbsup:
Dec 18 is the new date. I had a tooth infection and had to postpone my Oct 30 date to clear up the tooth. Broke my root canal and had to have it pulled. That's something I didn't have in the cards or my wallet.

Every day is a new adventure.The weather and the wallet only let me go to a track 3 times this season...........:(

Every day is a new adventure.The weather and the wallet only let me go to a track 3 times this season...........:(

Hang in there, I have only run a car, once in the last 10 yrs., it showed too !!
Car qualifies for a dog, went 11:90`s spinning, no front end lift at all.

Not this kid, (64 years old) 534 passes in the Belvedere last 6 years. A few others to boot.
Doug

thats a ride I'd be proud to take, yes I would. I may have to start a gofundme if I want another car- thinking I'd still be wanting after zero gofund returns... the sucky part of being on SS retirement..
I can relate to this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's been a work in progress with my 64 Belvedere to get to the point of posting in the 9 second thread. Purchased the 64 out of Flint, Texas, trailered it home up to Canada, right up through Tornado alley in April, 2014. A trip that started out by heading over to Indiana to pick up a new trailer, that I had built for me. From there, headed over to Texas with great optimism that the Plymouth was going to be everything that it was said to be. If I was to do it over again, I sure wouldn't be cutting through south Chicago again though...
Upon arriving at the Plymouth, it became apparent that the car was oversold. That said, and everything taken into account (travel, condition, etc) well here we are.
A full rebuild took place on the Plymouth in my garage over the following years and in 2017 the Plymouth finally made it to the track. The Plymouth started out running in the high 11's in 2017 and from there it's been a work in progress heading in the right direction.

1970 440 block, bored .030 with 440 source 505 stroker kit. 12.7CR.
440 source lightweight crank, aluminum main caps, main girdle, ARP main studs.
Milodon pan and internal oil pickup
Comp Custom Solid Roller, 276 / 284 @ .050, .673 lift
Edelbrock Victor heads, Hughes offset 1.6 rockers. (Mild port work)
Edelbrock Super Victor intake, 1050 Holley.
TTI 2" 440-200 headers
727 Torqueflite, transbrake, A&A low-gear set, Ultimate 8" converter
Dana 60, 4.10's, Moser axles, Strange driveshaft and yokes.
Disc brakes, Wilwood fronts, Right Stuff rears.
Double adjustable shocks, QA1 fronts, Strange rears.
1969 K-frame, AE Engineering engine plate.
Comp. Engineering outlaw ladder bars.
All steel car, fiberglass bumpers.
6 point roll bar with dual swing-outs. Good for 10.0
3240 lbs, less driver with full interior.
Best of 9.97 @ 133.14 MPH.
Thanks to all of the FBBO members help in getting this 64 into the 9's.

IMG_0805.JPG

IMG_0923.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations on the 9 second slip Malex.
I know what's involved.

Auto Transport Service
Back