• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your 9 second or Faster combo's

I'm to the point now with my front Afco doubles that they need stiffer valving. The rears already have Big Gun valving. The fronts have been tightened once already. In this video they are full tight.
Doug
That thing leaves hard. What’s the 60’? What tire?

10.5x31 M/T bias slick. 60 ft depends on which track, 1.25-1.27 foot brake. There's probably more in it if I can get the front end down. But we had limited passes this year before bearing issues. Just received pistons and rods. Been on order since May.
Doug

10.5x31 M/T bias slick. 60 ft depends on which track, 1.25-1.27 foot brake. There's probably more in it if I can get the front end down. But we had limited passes this year before bearing issues. Just received pistons and rods. Been on order since May.
Doug
I figured as much. My buddies Chevelle is a low 5 car and hitting the 60 at 1.24 on a radial. I’m on radials as well. I’m hoping the 2nd gear leave gets me well into the 30s.

500 CI wedge Big Block 800HP N/A with a 200 Shot of Nitrous, 456 Gear, 29.5/11.50/15 Tire best of 1.23 60' & best run 8.83 @148.9 MPH

IMG_E2525.JPG IMG_0085.JPG IMG_0086.JPG

Nice. Give us some info on your combo.
Doug
1/2 Filled Factory block, Girdle, bushed lifter bore's, Ported Edelbrock Victor Max Wedge Heads, 15.1 Compression, 1050 Dominator Carb, 1.6 Harland Sharp Rollers, don't remember all the specs on the cam but i think 735 Lift, Runs on VP~Q16

The car must be gutted with other weight savings to be 3k lbs.
DVD,what does your car weigh?
It did weigh 3350 w/ me. It's a little lighter than that now. Somewhere between 3300-3325. We'll see this spring.
Doug

nice car,,But if i am reading this correctly u r making 1000 HP with the Nos running an original type 2 bolt factory block !?
That's the way I read it too. Could be a good test case for block fill and girdle effectiveness.
My very similarly decked out 62, all steel, is 3300.

Whose girdle? Any machine work to install it? My favorite Mopar machinist doesn't like them, doesn't want to do them. Not sure why, I like the idea.

4.56, 29.5", 149 mph. I'm betting 8000-8200 rpm in the traps.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back