• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power Window Wire Routing?

dodge68charger

Local time
9:13 AM
Reaction score
0C3B14F8-B061-4B0F-B648-F872CA456A29.jpeg
Just Wondering If Anyone Has Pics Of How The Power Window Wires Are Routed At The Door Panels And How They Install? Thank You

The connector you show snaps on the back of the switch. That connector is for one of three places. The right front door, or either rear panel. The rear wiring comes from the sill wiring covers into the rear panels. The front goes through the A pillar and into the door.

Thank You. Does The White Connector Go On The Inside Where The Window Regulator Is Or Between The Door Panel And Structure On The Rear Windows?

Wiring is inside the metal of the doors. Hole in the lower A-Piller area to a hole in the hinge side of the door.
Rear windows, the wires just go inside the metal frame area. trying to recall where the wire branches are, but most wires goto the drivers side switch. The passenger wiring runs behind the dash. the rear drivers side goes along the same wiring covers the rear light harness, but I think the passenger rear splits off and I think might run under the carpet to passenger side? Or maybe I'm thinking of the center console light wiring?
I not sure, maybe the rear passenger wiring branch runs behind the rear seat? Not sure if there is a difference between Hardtop and convertible?

If the car did not come with power windows, you will need to cut out the metal behind the area where the switch goes into the trim panel.

Thank You. Does The White Connector Go On The Inside Where The Window Regulator Is Or Between The Door Panel And Structure On The Rear Windows?
20220128_143434.jpg
20220128_143442.jpg
20220128_143611.jpg
20220128_143622.jpg

The white connector snaps on to the back of the switch. Picture 1 & 2. The switch retainer goes in the door panels. Pictures 3 & 4.

Thanks Guys. You Guys Wouldn’t Have Any Pics Of How Its Routed In The Quarter Panel Area?

So Many Moving Parts In The Metal Structure. Thank You

Pictures would be nice. My Convertible has power windows, but the car was pretty hacked together and non-original when I got it, so I don't know if how my wiring is now, is actually correct either, but the harness looks all original.

It's not real hard to keep the wiring away from the regulators or windows. My car is back together, but it seems I remember a slot in the framework that it sort of just laid in. If you feel it's going to interfere with something, they make zip ties. Not a big deal.

The wiring for the rear switches goes between the plastic water shield and the door panel.It makes the panel bulge a little bit,but thats how it goes.I have my original door panels and you can see the rub marks on the back from the harness.

Auto Transport Service
Back