• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prestolite Dual Point Tach Drive

dmoore

Mopar to the end
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:38 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone have concrete evidence of this distributor being available in a 64 Sport Fury 426 Street Wedge? The tach drive portion is making me scratch my head because while new to 62-65 cars I have never seen one in a Sport Fury. All the tach's I have seen were mounted in the console and electric. Thanks in advance!

20190802_185327.jpg

Need a tag number. If you don't have a tag, who knows. Your vacuum advance doesn't look like most I've seen on early dist. @HALIFAXHOPS he might have answer.

Engine pad I.D.

20190815_191020.jpg

I put a '64 426W from a sport fury(?) in my Bee. Here is a pic of the distributor it had until I went to electronic ignition. My tag was the same as yours.

DSC00263.JPG
DSC00264.JPG
DSC00265.JPG

Yep, looks the same.....A quick search of Ebay and other area's and it looks like it's for a race hemi??? My vacuum advance is diff then yours and I'm sure they are not the original type.

The Vac advance was a NOS unit identical to the original. Yours looks like a later year advance can.

Wow don't know how I missed pic. Was going to dist was right era but 69bee took care of that. Chrysler letter series cars came with tach drive dist and in dash tachs. Pic posted there is a date code.

I agree...I'm not sure how my car wound up with that distributor but my 64 service manual does not show one with a tach drive.

20190815_215630.jpg

For our early cars?

Well I looked in my parts book and it appears that the part number is correct. As you can see there is a diff listing for the Max Perf & race hemi. Maybe right tag on wrong distributor?? HELP!

20190815_220949.jpg

Last edited:
Max Performance & Hemi have two diff numbers

Auto Transport Service
Back